Friday, May 4, 2012

Thank You Jane Austen ~ FF~ 5/4/12


Q:  What is one thing you wish you could tell your favorite author?

Dear Jane Austen,

I read you before I knew reading you was cool.

Love,
Colletta

P.S.  I wish you had written more books.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was an advanced reader.  I can remember those summers off of school with nothing to do where we lived.  I started reading the books on my parents bookshelves.   Most of the were books they got from a Reader's Digest subscription.  Among them were the works of Jane Austen.

I didn't know who Jane Austen was but I loved "Pride & Prejudice", "Sense & Sensibility", "Emma" etc.  Later, when I was an adult, I discovered who she was but she had already been my friend for years.

I can honestly say that Jane Austen inspired my love of reading.




11 comments:

  1. That's a great answer Colletta!!! I think I might have to nab a copy of Pride and Prejudice off my mum :)

    Here's my FF:
    http://a-reading-daydreamer.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/feature-and-follow-friday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have yet to read a book by her. :o

    - New follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jane! you should have written more! LOL

    I'm a new gfc follower. :) please stop by my FF if you can.

    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/05/ff-feature-and-follow-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane Austen is amazing. Loved Emma and Pride and Prejudice. I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't start reading Jane Austen until I was an adult- my high school English teachers were big on the Brontë sisters. I always wish that I had started reading her novels sooner. Persuasion is my all-time favorite book.

    New GFC follower. Our FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey fellow newbie(: Just letting you know I followed you back(:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect answer! I love your kitchen too! It's awesome. I can see sitting there eating yummy treats, talking,reading, etc.
    New follower <3
    Have a gr8 weekend..
    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/05/thank-you-jane-austen-ff-5412.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oopsie! wrong link..
    My Follow Friday

    I copy/pasted over mine with yours..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. I didn't read Austen until she was cool but I get to feel cool and love her anyway :-)
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this.. can just imagine you reading through all the Janes during your long summer days! I wish she had written more books too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower, I've read a few of her books great author, my FF

    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/feature-and-follow-friday-26.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.