Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge ~ 5/2/12


This is my first Wednesday Hodgepodge.  I'm a little nervous and a little excited at the same time :)  I feel like the new kid in class.  Here goes:

1. My daughter (2) is graduating from university this month and plans to teach elementary school. What are three qualities you most want to see evidenced in a teacher?

This one isn't hard at all :)  Patience, caring, involvement.

2. You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat others.

3. What song makes you think spring?

Singing in the Rain


4. May 1st is Mother Goose Day...share your favorite nursery rhyme.

What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice,
And everything nice,
That's what little girls are made of.

5. What makes someone unforgettable?

Their spirit.

6. Should music and/or art be part of a well rounded education?

Yes.  Music and art are very important in the education of children.  They are something they can carry with them throughout their whole lives.  As hobbies, careers etc.

7. What social situations make you flustered or nervous?

Standing in front of a crowd to speak, sing, etc.  uggghh....

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I can't wait to get a pedicure on Friday.  My feet are starting to stick to my bed sheets.  I need to start putting lotion on them every night.  Wearing flip-flops really dries them out.  Is that random enough?


Well, this was fun and very thought provoking.  I didn't know I was so adament about music and art in education until answering that question.

Have a great day!

13 comments:

  1. Gene Kelly was so great. I love the seemingly effortless way he danced. I always preferred him to Fred Astaire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Hodgepodge! So sorry the link is not working right yet today. That has never happened!

    I just had a pedicure yesterday : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Colletta,
    I have a hard time speaking in front of crowds, too.
    And the pedicure, we are in the same boat there. LOL!

    Welcome to HodgePodge. I'm new, too. This is my third one.

    Have a great day!
    PS - You have a lovely family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heck, I go barefooted almost 24/7 and my feet are not only dry, dry, dry, the soles are hard as rocks. LOL You and me both for answers #4 and 7. Love your answer to #5 and LOVE Gene Kelly and singing, singing in the rain....why didn't I think of that?


    Welcome to Hodgepodge...our hostess does give us some challenging questions sometimes.

    REDHEADS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the Hodgepodge! it really is a little community - and Joyce does a great job of making us think sometimes! I loved your nursery rhyme...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Hodgepodge. It will be fun to get to know you.

    I picked the same song, I adore Gene Kelly, so much fun.

    Your random thought made me smile.

    My Hodgepodge. http://domesticdivatraining.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaching-hodgepodge.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I picked the same song too!

    I liked your nursery rhyme. Much sweeter than most.

    Welcome to the Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that song! The movie too! I've never gotten a pedi because I can't stand for people to touch my feet. Flip flops dry my feet out too but dry skin brushing has made all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to HodgePodge and enjoyed reading your answers ... even about the feet!! LOL I was just picking at mine this morning, thinking I needed a pedi myself!!!!!! and new nail polish!!!! desperately.

    I love Singin' in the Rain - I just recently watched it on an airplane in March :) Was so tickled it was one of the options to pick to watch with the inflight movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy you decided to play along with us! I don't like speaking in front of crowds, either. Makes my knees knock like crazy! I am now a follower...have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooo...hmmmm...a pedicure is a great idea! Happy Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love getting pedicures! enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My apologies as I am VERY late with the Hodgepodge replies this week! Enjoyed reading your answers. I like the little verse you chose.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.