Thursday, May 3, 2012

Full Plate Thursday ~ Weiner Winks

Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

Miz Helen at Miz Helen's Country Cottage is such a sweetheart! 
She hosts Full Plate Thursday.  You can click the button to go share your recipes :)

~~~~~~~~~

It always amazes me when I talk about Weiner Winks and people give me the strangest looks because they have never heard of them.  To which I say, "Didn't you have them for lunch in school?"

I tell you what, Weiner Winks (aka Weinie Winks) are so easy to make and they are SO good.  If you've had these before you probably don't even need a recipe, but for those who have never heard of the good ole' Weinie Wink, here's a step-by-step for you :)


Weiner Winks

Bread
Butter (spreadable)
Cheese
Hotdogs (I usually use the Oscar Meyer 98% Fat Free)

(amount will vary depending on how many you are making)


Heat oven to 350.

Spread one side of the bread slice with butter.


Lay it butter side down on a cookie sheet.  Repeat for the number that you want to make.


Lay a cheese slice on top of un-buttered side.


Place thawed hotdog at an angle across the cheese.


Place in the oven and bake for approx. 15 minutes or until bottom of bread is nice and toasted.

Squeese two of the corners together.  You can use a toothpick to hold it in place if you'd like.


See how easy they are?!?  You can serve the with ketchup, mustard, etc.

Around here everyone loves a good Weinie Wink and I hope you do too!

Enjoy and share!

Happy Full Plate Thursday!


3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to make these with my kids. They are gonna love it. Surely the name will crack them up. Also this will work when we have dogs but no buns! lol COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colletta,
    I really think I could eat every one of those, I just love them! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a kid on the '60s, we made these all the time.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.