Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hodgepodge and Chats ~ 5/30/12


This week's questions:

1. What can the average citizen do to honor a military veteran and/or those currently serving?

Show appreciation for their service by being respectful and courteous.

2. Besides a flag what is something you own that is red, white and blue?

I have a few patriotic t-shirts that are a variety of reds, whites, and blues.

3. Does love really conquer all?

God's love conquers all.  Human love sometimes fails.


4. Strawberry shortcake or blueberry pie?

Strawberry shortcake with lots of whipped cream!

5. Do you share personal stuff with your hairdresser?

To a certain extent.  General things like how my family is doing, vacation plans, etc.

6. Does money lead to selfishness?

I don't think money necessarily leads to selfishness.  I think the LOVE of money leads to selfishness.


7. What piece of furniture in your home most needs replacing or refinishing?

Our living room set, most definitely.  We've had it for over 10 years, 2 kids and multiple dogs.  I'd really like to get a new set.

8. Insert your own random here.

I've created a "Thirty Five by 35" goal to try to attain by next March 24th.  To see my goals you click the picture:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Here are the questions:

1.  Do you have any musical instruments in your house? If so, which ones do you have?

My daughter now plays the flute that I played in band.  We also have a couple kiddie keyboards and guitars.  Around here, pots, pans and large bowls with a set of spoons also are considered instruments.  My youngest also has a set of drumsticks to use on said pots and bowls.


2. When you take a walk, what are you likely to pick or pick up from the ground?

Wildflowers growing beside the road, a leaf, a stick or maybe a long piece of grass to play with as I walk.


3. They say to have breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. I guess that means you have fuel for your body to get through the day and don't have a full tummy when you go to bed. Are your meals like that?

No.  Usually I'm the only one that eats breakfast and that is usually a protein bar.  Lunch is usually a Lean Cuisine.  Our main meal of the day is a family "supper" as often as possible.


4. Do you prefer iced coffee or iced tea?

 I do not like coffee at all!  Not even something that has a hint of coffee flavor.  I loved tea of all kinds.  Hot, cold, luke warm :)

5. How do you handle doing things you'd rather not do?

First, I decide if it is something that absolutely needs done.  Then I try to talk my husband into doing it for me.  Then I try to get my kids to do it.  If it isn't something that can be passed off, I do my best to grin and bear it and get it over as quickly as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. My dog has a couple of dog beds in the house too which she loves, but for some reason she really really loves the chair! If you try to get in it she will run to the door like she needs out. Then, when you get up to let her out she jumps back in the chair. Its funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answers to the last question about getting your husband or kids to do it for you....great idea!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you!
    My daughter plays flute in her community band...my father played drums. I remember him drumming on a kitchen chair seat when I was a kid.

    I'm with you on the tea/coffee question. Don't drink coffee at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh at your last answer- ask everyone else to do the task:)I'm a tea person too.That's neat that your daughter is playing your flute. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am finally getting around to catching up on reading blogs! I get behind sometimes. I can't even imagine doing this when our girls were coming along. LOVE your 35 by 35! I need to get myself moving on the weight loss again---the exercise is not a problem but the eating needs to stop.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.