Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hodgepodge and Chats ~ 5/9/12


This week's questions:

1. What is a pet peeve you have when vacationing?

Trying to squeeze too much into the vacation so that you are stressed out more at the end than you were in the beginning!

2. Would you describe yourself as a light packer or do you need everything in your closet plus the kitchen sink?

I'm a fairly light packer although I have to pack for all four of us.  I don't get too obsessive because I figure there's always a Wal-mart somewhere :)

3. What's the best lesson a child ever taught you?

Go ahead and pick the flowers.  That is what they are there for.

4. Share one piece of advice you'd give a recent graduate as they attempt to enter the job market?

Don't feel like you have to stay in that job forever.  It is OK to change jobs or even careers as you change and grow.


5. What's your favorite lemon something?

Lemon Torte!


6. Flat sandal, wedge, heel...your favorite footwear?

Hands down-  flip flops!

7. What do you like best about a beach holiday? If you're not a beach lover (GASP!!) what do you dislike the least?

Relaxing and taking in the view of the horizon, the water lapping, the kids playing, etc.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I really need to start making lists to get ready for our Disney World vacation.  Less than 1 month away!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Here are the questions:

1.What do your everyday dishes look like?


2.What shoes are you likely to throw on in a pinch right now? "Go to" shoes.



3.What's the last gift you were given?

(The last gift I got was from the Mamarazzi Favorite Color Swap.  The post and pictures will be coming SOON!!)

4.The first face you saw this morning was-------------------.



5.What cup or mug are you most likely to grab for your tea or coffee? What's your "cuppa"cup?



Have a great day!

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my site and for sharing your . Thoughts. When I am Going for a trip, i Will probably have almost everything. One can never know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well....I'm sure, no....positive there is a Wal Mart close to Disney World!!!

    And yes, I agree....pick that flower, smell the sweetness and share with ones you love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flip flops get my vote, too! A trip to Disney will be such fun! It's been a good number of years since we've been. Great place to make memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A trip to Disney sounds fantastic, have fun getting all ready for that.

    I agree with your #1, I hate vacations that are more stressful than the everyday you are supposed to be vacationing from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "There's always a Wal-Mart somewhere." I really should take that to heart when packing.- LOL Yea for flip-flops!

    I really like your header pic...so cute and personal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you stopped by, I am fixing to be your newest follower. I love "There's always a Wal-Mart somewhere." Isn't that the truth, and it seems like no matter where we go we end up stopping by Wal-Mart.
    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these 2 features! Your answers were gr8. I am SCARED to look at my "hidden in Uggs all winter long feet"
    I think they look UGG! lolz. Corny joke, couldn't resist.
    I need a pedi-STAT b4 I can bust out the flipflops. I am a flipflop gal too.
    I saw these cute little sneaks at Old Navy that are decorated versions of Keds might check those out.
    Have fun at Disney! I have never been and need to go soon.
    My W*0*W

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for leaving your link, that was so handy. I like all of your answers to your chats.
    Your vacation sounds wonderful. I like your mug too and your everyday dishes. I don't think I have met you before, It is nice to meet you.
    I am Kim by the way.
    My Field of Dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a fantastic time at Disney World. I bet your kids are beside themselves with excitement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the mug! Thanks for joining in. We went to Disney this past January.It was fun, but it seemed impossible to do everything. We sat down with the information about the parks and decided what each of us wanted to do the most. We did those things and whatever else we could squeeze in. We left the theme parks mid-day to eat, nap, and swim in the hotel pool. It made it nice when we went back. We had more energy to do things. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to pick flowers for my mom all the time when I was a kid. No matter whose yard they were in. LOL

    I love my flip flops- I wear them nearly year 'round. Your mug is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those eyes are beautiful & the tootsies too...LOL...I'm a flip flop girl too. Nice to meet you, have a blessed week

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know, I once forgot to take underwear on a trip. Thank goodness Target was a block away!! That was the ONLY time I ever did that!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hear you on number 1! Seems like I always come home from vacation needing another just to recoup!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.