Friday, December 31, 2021

Sewing Saturday ~ Happy New Year ~ 1/1/2022


I'm going to be featuring my sewing, crocheting and crafting projects on Saturdays.  Some weeks this will include a finished project, a FNSI or FNWF or just a WIP.

~~~~~~~~

I don't want to keep posting pictures of the slow-going Sage Afghan so I made some time to work on something fabric this week!

I have 6 blocks done of Pat Sloan's Fall Frolic and 3 more to go... Blocks 7, 8, &9.  I've had the patterns printed for a few weeks but just haven't made it to the cutting board.


I decided to to cut out the pieces for all three blocks and get them ready to GO!


The most challenging was Block 8 -- Cozy Nights which is a Log Cabin Block.  I've been using 4 blue patterned fabrics and this block called for 6 fabrics.  I made due with what I had.  I didn't want to introduce a 5th and 6th color into the quilt for just one block.


I'm getting this post ready a few days ahead of time (New Year's Celebrations) so they might be pieced by the time you are reading this.


This quilt will be for my Mom as she loves all things Blue.  

The next Block a week with Pat Sloan starts January 5th with a new quilt called "Sweet Dreams".  I had hoped to have the Fall Frolic flimsy done and sandwiched and ready to be hand quilted before then but that isn't going to happen.  I still need to piece the settings for the squares and that may take a while.

I wish each and every one of you a great 2022 filled with God's blessings from above!



Colletta

10 comments:

  1. I was hesitant to start another QAL, but the Wednesday blocks from Pat have a really cool setting, so I can't resist. Hope to see your blocks as we go. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun quilt along. Blue and white quilts are always so pretty. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of cutting several blocks at a time and then sewing them up. Your blues look so vibrant. Your mom will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've picked some lovely blues for this project. Hope you've gotten the blocks all finished and are moving on to the next step.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can post pictures of Sage Afghan anytime - I love it! Your blues are beautiful for the Pat Sloan frolic.
    Thank you for the lovely 2022 blessing, and thanks for linking up with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watch Pat's videos every day but can't remember the Fall Frolic - talk about a sieve brain! I am thinking of doing her Sweet Dreams to use up some fabric, I like the structure she has for it as she has shown with the setting. We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your choice of colors and fabrics for these blocks. I have some of these blue fabrics in my stash. Looking forward to seeing more. Thank you for linking up ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.