Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Book Review ~ Christmas at Cozy Holly Inn by Meredith Summers


~~~~~~~~~~~~



Title:  Christmas at Cozy Holly Inn by Meredith Summers
Series:  Pinecone Falls Book 1
Pages:  240
Date Published:  November 18, 2021
Publisher:  

 Blurb:

A sweet, cozy small town holiday romance perfect for snuggling up by the fire with a steaming mug of hot cocoa and a cat or two by your side.

When Julie Green’s ailing grandmother asks her to arrange one last party at the old Inn she used to run, Julie can’t say no even though the last thing she wants is to leave the city for middle-of-nowhere Vermont. Even worse, Cozy Holly Inn is in disrepair, there’s a persnickety cat hiding in the basement and the family of grinches who own the competing inn down the street seem determined to ruin her chances of success.

Nolan Miller retreated to Pinecone Falls, Vermont, to heal his broken heart and help his grandfather run Barrington Lodge - a rustic old bed-and-breakfast that has been in the family for generations. This year, though, he needs to find a way to get his Christmas spirit back before he turns into a grinch like his father and grandfather. But even if he gets his spirit back, he’s not letting anyone in again, especially not Julie Green who has made it clear she’s leaving town as soon as she can.

But when Julie needs help, Nolan can’t say no and putting the party together makes Julie realize that small town friendships might have more to offer than big city lights.

Kringle, the cat, only wants a warm home and his forever human. This girl, Julie, does not seem to fit the bill no matter what the nice lady at the animal shelter told him. Julie knows nothing about cats so he will do his best to get her to return him to the shelter. But as the week unfolds, Kringle discovers that people can change in surprising ways and sometimes what you thought you wanted, isn’t what you really needed at all.
My Thoughts:
Well, I lowered my Goodreads Challenge Goal for 2021 to make it doable.  After this book, I have one more book to read to finish up the challenge.  I might have taken the easy way out, but it was the only way it was going to be completed.  I hope to do better in 2022!

Now, the review:

This was a sweet, clean, cozy read.

Having said that I wish there had been a bit more romance.  It was just hinted at until the very end of the book.  I mean the END of the book as in the last 2 pages.

To me this book was more about coming home, renewing friendships and healing.  All very good stuff!  Don't get me wrong!

I loved reading about all the preparations for the Christmas Party.  I especially liked the decorating, crafting and the details that went into the story.  If we hadn't already decorated for Christmas, I'd be busting out the decorations about now that is for sure :)

Snowball, the dog, and Kringle, the cat, made for some amusing encounters also.

This book is on the shorter side with only 240 pages so it was a quick read and well worth the reading time.

Meredith Summers is a new-to-me author so I'll have to go check out her backlist :)

I downloaded this book through Kindle Unlimited.


Onto the next book!

1 comment:

  1. This is going to be added to be to be read list as well. I hope to find it at the local library.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.