Monday, December 13, 2021

Tuesday 4 ~ Names ~ 12/14/2021

https://mytuesday4meme.blogspot.com/

Head over to Tuesday's Place for the questions and to visit everyone's answers!


This week let's talk about your name!    

1. What name would you take if you had to change your name?  

I've never really thought about this question before!  Although my name isn't a "most popular" name and I've never met another "Colletta", I don't think I would ever want to change my name as it has meaning which I'll talk about a few questions down :)

2.  Do you think you fit your name and it's meaning?

I think I do.  I couldn't imagine being called anything else?

3. What is the meaning of your name.. how about your last name?

According to babynames.com:

The name Colletta is primarily a female name of American origin that means Victory Of The People.

The name Miller is primarily a gender-neutral name of English origin that means Mill Worker.

4. Were you named after anyone or given your name for a specific reason?  How about your kids?

I was named after my great-grandmother, Colletta, so it has always had a special meaning for me.  My kids were both named with specifics in mind.  

Kaylee Ann = Kay is my middle name and Lee is the hubby's middle name hence Kaylee.  Ann is my mother's middle name.

Laken Amelia = Kenneth was the hubby's father's name so we took the "ken" and made it into Laken.  My dad's name is Melvin so we took the "Mel" for her middle name Amelia.


Colletta

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting! I don't believe I've ever met another "Colletta", and it is a very pretty and unique name. I like its meaning. And your children's names are lovely and each are uniquely special, as I am sure they are also uniquely special. Thank you for sharing this with us. I learned something new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. so interesting how you chose names! Colletta is a beautiful name. So glad you joined in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have an interesting name and how special that you are named after your grandmother. Your kids are special too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.