Sunday, December 5, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 12/6/2021


Come join Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, and Happy Monday !

New Around Here:

I'm really excited to be starting a Book Club with Bev Baird!  We decided to call the facebook group "Kindred Readers Book Club" and we already have 14 members!  Our first book is going to be "Year of Yes" by Shonda Rhimes.   We'll start reading the first week of January 2022.  If you're interested in joining in, please come on over and do so!  You just need to join the group and get your book :)

I'm also excited to be participating in the "Virtual Christmas Cookie Exchange" hosted Carol .   I can't wait to see what the other participants will be sharing.


The weather outside is:

It has been really nice the past few days but it is to get colder and we even have some snow in the forecast.  Last I heard, we're supposed to get approximately 3 inches of snow Wednesday but who knows by then...



On today's to-do list: 

I don't have much going on Monday except for grocery shopping which is my normal Monday errand (chore).

Happening this week:

This week looks pretty quiet.  I hesitate to type that!  I'm afraid I'll jinx it!

Laken has some catching up to do on her Cyber Schooling and that will be taking most of our week.

The hubby only works Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week.  He has to use up the rest of his vacation days before the new year.  He only works 9 more days this year.

Kaylee and Shawn are doing well.  Dahlia is growing like a weed and is going to be as big as a horse (not surprising for a Great Dane!)


Currently reading:

The only book I've been reading lately is the Bible.  I'm on track to have read the Bible in a year and am excited to start a new reading plan in 2022.

On the TV:

Hallmark Christmas Movies!!!!  Yay!!!!

Listening to:

This week for "Songs on Sunday" I featured "We Need Christmas" by Matthew West.  I hope you'll check it out :) 

On the menu week:

I haven't worked on the menu yet.

Monday ~  
Tuesday ~ 
Wednesday ~ 
Thursday - 
Friday ~ 
Saturday ~ 
Sunday ~ Potluck at Church

In the Craft Basket:

I finished up the Linen Afghan and it made its way to the recipient. The Sage Afghan is progressing nicely.  I actually have more crocheted than the picture below shows.  Attic 24's Cozy Stripe pattern works up really quickly and easily.


Picture from the Camera


Memory Verse

Now in those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus, that a census be taken of all the inhabited earth. This was the first census taken while Quirinius was governor of Syria. And all the people were on their way to register for the census, each to his own city. Now Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the city of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and family of David,  in order to register along with Mary, who was betrothed to him, and was pregnant.  Luke 2:1-5


Have a great Monday!

Colletta

2 comments:

  1. Your Christmas tree is beautiful! Hope you get to enjoy a nice quiet week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of the afghan. I've started in a book club for the 1st time too, 1 meeting is done... not sure I'll like it though, will give it another try.
    Great music.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.