Sunday, December 12, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 12/13/2021


Come join Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, and Happy Monday !

New Around Here:

"Kindred Readers Book Club" now has 20 members which I think is FANTASIC!  Our first book is going to be "Year of Yes" by Shonda Rhimes.   We'll start reading the first week of January 2022.  If you're interested in joining in, please come on over and do so!  You just need to join the group and get your book :)

I have 1195 GFC followers of Colletta's Kitchen Sink!  Only 5 more to reach the 1200 milestone.  If you're not already following, won't you please hit the follow button?  It would make my day :)

The weather outside is:

We didn't get the snow that the weather was calling for last week.  We did get just a light layer of snow early Wednesday morning but it was gone by afternoon.

The weather has been so crazy the past few days.  It has fluctuated from 61F Saturday afternoon to just 30F Sunday evening.  I may be ready for Christmas, but I don't know if I'm ready for the cold!

On today's to-do list: 

I don't have much going on Monday except for grocery shopping which is my normal Monday errand (chore).

Happening this week:

I'm excited to have our first Christmas Party Tuesday evening.  It is for our Church Ladies Group that meets once a month.  We'll have lots of food, devotions and a jingle gift!

Other than that, it is a pretty normal week ending with Shawn's birthday on Saturday.  I'm not sure what we're doing to celebrate but I'm sure it will be something fun :)

The hubby is on third shift this week.  He works 5 days this week and then only has 2 days next week.   After that he's on vacation until after the New Year!

Currently reading:

I actually finished a Christmas book last week called "The Christmas Escape" by Sarah Morgan.  It was so good!  You can CLICK HERE to go read my review.  Right now I'm reading another Christmas book called "Christmas at Cozy Holly Inn" by Meredith Summers.  I've just started getting into to it and so far so good :)




On the TV:

Hallmark Christmas Movies!!!!  Yay!!!!

Listening to:

This week for "Songs on Sunday" I featured "Noel" by Chris Tomlin and Lauren Daigle.  I hope you'll check it out :) 

On the menu week:

I haven't worked on the menu yet.  I really need to get back into the habit of working on the menu over the weekend instead of leaving it until Monday morning before getting groceries!

Monday ~  
Tuesday ~ 
Wednesday ~ 
Thursday - 
Friday ~ 
Saturday ~ 
Sunday ~ Potluck at Church

In the Craft Basket:

The Sage Afghan I'm working on has over doubled in size since last week at this time.  I've used one complete "One Pound" Caron yarn.  I bought 4 skeins of this yarn but think I might only need to use 3 skeins.  I'll see if it is the right size and then decide whether to use the 4th.  Again, this is the Attic 24 Cozy Stripes pattern.




Picture from the Camera


Fireplace in the Inn of Old Bedford Village.

Memory Verse

While they were there, the time came for her to give birth. And she gave birth to her firstborn son; and she wrapped Him in cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. In the same region there were some shepherds staying out in the fields and keeping watch over their flock at night. And an angel of the Lord suddenly stood near them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them; and they were terribly frightened. 10 And so the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people;  Luke 2:6-10



Have a great Monday!

Colletta

4 comments:

  1. Nice music.
    Happy birthday to Shawn.
    Hope your first Christmas party of the year is a hit.

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful week. Love the sage afghan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fireplace is stunning. Happy Birthday to Shawn. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas party! I love that fireplace! It puts me in the Christmas spirit just looking at it! I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.