Thursday, December 9, 2021

Book Review ~ The Christmas Escape by Sarah Morgan


~~~~~~~~~~~~




Title:  The Christmas Escape by Sarah Morgan
Series:  
Pages:  371
Date Published:  October 26, 2021
Publisher:  HQN Books

 Blurb:

It was supposed to be Christy Sullivan’s perfect Christmas getaway—a trip to Lapland with her family and best friend, Alix. But facing a make-or-break marriage crisis, Christy desperately needs time alone with her husband. Her solution? Alix can take Christy’s little daughter to Lapland, and they will reunite there for Christmas Day. It’s a big ask, but what else are friends for?

There’s nothing Alix won’t do for Christy. But Christy’s request to save Christmas is giving Alix sleepless nights. She knows something is wrong, but for the first time ever, Christy isn’t talking. And even the Arctic temperatures in Lapland aren’t enough to dampen the seriously inconvenient sizzle Alix is developing for Zac, a fellow guest and nemesis from her past.

As secrets unravel and unexpected romance shines under the northern lights, can Christy and Alix’s Christmas escape give them the courage to fight for the relationships they really want, and save the precious gift of each other’s friendship?
My Thoughts:
It has been quite a while since I've written a book review.  They've been few and far between in 2021.  I'm 14 books behind my Goodreads Challenge goal so I don't think I'll make it unless I lower my goal!

Now on to the review!

I thoroughly and completely enjoyed this book from the start to the finish!

First, there was the friendship aspect.  Christy and Alix had such a great friendship even though, as they learned, no relationship is perfect and they all take work and communication.

Second, there was the location!  Most of the story takes place in Lapland which the author makes sound absolutely magical.  It was a Winter Wonderland at Christmastime.

Third, there was romance and I love a good romance :)

The author wrote the story from the POV of the three women:  Robyn (Christy's aunt), Christy and Alix.  I haven't read a story with that many POV's in a long, long time and I found that I was excited to see the story through all three women's eyes.

This was a wonderful book that I read at a wonderful time of the year :)

I would definitely recommend this book if you're looking for romance, snow and friendship!

I bought this as an ebook on Amazon for $1.99 and it was well worth the money :)  Thanks for recommending it to me, Bev!


Onto the next book!

2 comments:

  1. The cover is just beautiful. I'm certainly in the mood for a Christmas romance. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this book before but your review makes it sound really good. I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.