Thursday, December 9, 2021

My Weekly Bookishness ~ 12/10/2021


All things bookish!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I Read:


You can read my REVIEW HERE!

~~~~~~~~~~

What I'm Reading:


Blurb:

A sweet, cozy small town holiday romance perfect for snuggling up by the fire with a steaming mug of hot cocoa and a cat or two by your side.

When Julie Green’s ailing grandmother asks her to arrange one last party at the old Inn she used to run, Julie can’t say no even though the last thing she wants is to leave the city for middle-of-nowhere Vermont. Even worse, Cozy Holly Inn is in disrepair, there’s a persnickety cat hiding in the basement and the family of grinches who own the competing inn down the street seem determined to ruin her chances of success.

Nolan Miller retreated to Pinecone Falls, Vermont, to heal his broken heart and help his grandfather run Barrington Lodge - a rustic old bed-and-breakfast that has been in the family for generations. This year, though, he needs to find a way to get his Christmas spirit back before he turns into a grinch like his father and grandfather. But even if he gets his spirit back, he’s not letting anyone in again, especially not Julie Green who has made it clear she’s leaving town as soon as she can.

But when Julie needs help, Nolan can’t say no and putting the party together makes Julie realize that small town friendships might have more to offer than big city lights.

Kringle, the cat, only wants a warm home and his forever human. This girl, Julie, does not seem to fit the bill no matter what the nice lady at the animal shelter told him. Julie knows nothing about cats so he will do his best to get her to return him to the shelter. But as the week unfolds, Kringle discovers that people can change in surprising ways and sometimes what you thought you wanted, isn’t what you really needed at all.
 


First Lines:

"Vermont can't be that bad.  I bet it's pretty with all the snow."

56%/Page 56

It shouldn't have come as a surprise to Nolan to see his father's expression darken.

~~~~~~~~~~~

What I'll (Probably) Read Next:


Blurb:

In this poignant, hilarious and deeply intimate call to arms, Hollywood's most powerful woman, the mega-talented creator of Grey's Anatomy and Scandal and executive producer of How to Get Away with Murder and Catch, reveals how saying YES changed her life - and how it can change yours too. With three hit shows on television and three children at home, Shonda Rhimes had lots of good reasons to say no when invitations arrived. Hollywood party? No. Speaking engagement? No. Media appearances? No. And to an introvert like Shonda, who describes herself as 'hugging the walls' at social events and experiencing panic attacks before press interviews, there was a particular benefit to saying no: nothing new to fear. Then came Thanksgiving 2013, when Shonda's sister Delorse muttered six little words at her: You never say yes to anything. Profound, impassioned and laugh-out-loud funny, in Year of Yes Shonda Rhimes reveals how saying YES changed - and saved - her life. And inspires readers everywhere to change their own lives with one little word: Yes.

~~~~~~~~~~

Book Haul:



   ~~~~~~~~~~

Book Blogger Hop:

Q.  If you were in a book, would you rather be the main character or in the background? (submitted by Julie @ JadeSky)

A. I would definitely want to be a main character.

OR

Start as a background character, but have my own story in the sequel :)


~~~~~~~~~~

Bookishly Yours,


Linking up to: 

   


https://www.coffeeaddictedwriter.com/

http://www.fredasvoice.com/  http://www.rosecityreader.com/


23 comments:

  1. I like that first line, but I feel like the other shoe is about to fall. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That first line reminds me so much of the movie "White Christmas" when they are talking about Vermont in the winter and all the snow :)

      Delete
  2. I've never been to Vermont. But I picture it as lovely, too. My Friday book selection

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Year of Yes!

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christmas reads during December, and this one sounds delightful! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a Sarah Morgan checked out from the library that I am hoping to get to soonish! I love all the Christmas reads and have not been able to do as much seasonal reading as I would like. Have a good weekend! Here is my post: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/12/first-line-friday-29-lights-out.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little teasers made me think of the movie White Christmas! It looks like a sweet book, and the Year of Yes looks interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Christmasy covers! I'm reading Silver Lining by Pam Hillman tonight: "August 1880, Silver Lining, Kansas Maggie O’Toole’s heart sank as the ragtag band of covered wagons rolled into Silver Lining, Kansas. Or what was left of it."

    I posted the first line from Heidi Chiavaroli's Where Memories Await: https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2021/12/10/first-line-friday-where-memories-await/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved Morgan's book and the other book you're reading looks like a fun Christmasy read. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found three or four Christmas themed mystery novels on my shelves and featured them in last week's Sunday Salon. I doubt I'll read them though, but again, I just might! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do think many of us tend to say No as our first response to things. I hope you will read Year of Yes next and that you will tell us about it soon.

    Christmas at Cozy Holly Inn sounds wonderful, too. Competing inns. And a cat.

    And...hmmm...main character or supporting character? As Eli Wallach's character in The Holiday said (speaking about parts in movies), we should all have the starring role in our own lives.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been reading lots of Christmas books this year myself it seems! But it just fits for the way the year has been. As to the whole year of yes, I think I need to say no more in certain situations, but maybe yes more to some social situations. Although I did that for a while and I'm still single and alone.
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  12. The vast number of CHristmas-themed books is amazing. Almost every book blogger is reading a couple of different ones.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy for Christmas reading. Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Christmas stories. I would watch more Hallmark movies if I had the time, too.

    I'm with you--I would want to be a main character.

    Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a great week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2021/12/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! The Year of Yes sounds thrilling and scary at the same time! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Year Of Yes sounds like a book I need. I'm the type of person who says no to everything. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great seasonal selections!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice looking books. Year of Yes looks intriguing. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful book covers.

    I hope you have been having an enjoyable week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.