Monday, October 10, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 10/10/16

 
Come join Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The weather outside is::::

 We had a very soggy weekend.  Hopefully we'll have a bit nicer weather this week.

Speaking of weather:  I would like to say a prayer of thanks for the safety of my family that lives in Daytona Beach, FL.  They are safe and sound after living through Hurricane Matthew.

On my breakfast plate:
 
Slim Fast Shake.
On a diet.  Again.

As I look outside my window:::
 
  Dear hubby mowed the lawn for what was probably the last time this year.  Fall is surely here!
 
As I look around the house::::
 
Again, we had a very busy weekend and I'll be playing catch-up with housework and cleaning.

On today's to do list::::
 
  Clean house.  Do laundry.
 
Happening this week::::
 
Monday....Clean, laundry, work on Demelza, watch Poldark.
Tuesday....Finish folding laundry, work on Demelza.
Wednesday... Baking day with Mom, Prayer Meeting.
Thursday.....Menu and grocery list, laundry, work on Demelza .
Friday....Grocery Shopping
Saturday....Schedule for next week, bedrooms.

Currently reading::::

13609997

I'm reading the second book in the "Blue Willow Brides" series by Maggie Brendan.  I'm about a third of the way through and so far two mail-order-brides have shown up for the same man.  I'm really enjoying it :)
 
On the TV today::::
 
Poldark on PBS.
 
I've also been binge watching a show on Netflix called "Heart of Dixie" while I crochet.  It is really cute.  I think there are 4 seasons to watch.  I'm on about episode 6 of season 1 :)
 
I also STILL have a ton of my regular TV shows to catch up on.
 
 
On the menu this week::::

Monday - Cheesy Potatoes and Smoked Sausage, Corn.
Tuesday - Nuggets & Fries.  (Hubby is cooking for the girls.  I have a meeting.)
Wednesday - Beek Stew, Rolls, German Apple Cake.
Thursday - Dan's Day (My brother will bring something home, so no cooking!)
Friday - Pizza
Saturday - Pancakes, sausage, bacon and eggs.
Sunday - Dinner at Church

What I am creating at the moment:::: 
 
Demelza Part 4.
 

 
 
This block was a little more difficult to figure out.  The 3-D flower gave me some trouble until I figured out where I needed to put my hook.  After that it was so much fun to make.  I only have 3 more of this block to make and have 2 weeks to get them finished.  I STILL have tons of ends to tie in on my other blocks though, so I'll be needing the extra time!
 
  BTW, this CAL is going on in the Pippin Crochet Club group on facebook.  Come join us!
 
Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strenth."

Phil. 4:13
 
Linking up to :What Are You Reading,  Art of Homemaking, Make Your Home SingMenu Plan Monday , Yarn Along, Keep Calm Craft On, Linky Ladies, Pieces by Polly , Homemaking Linkup.

7 comments:

  1. I love your 3D flower! I've tried crocheting and I'm not very talented at it. So I'm very impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, Glad to hear your family is safe. I love Heart of Dixie! What do you think so far? I just binge watched the latest season of Longmire. I hope Netflix adds another. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,what a neat 3D flower. My mom tried to teach me to crochet once but without success (it's hard to get when a right handed person is trying to show a left handed one). So glad your family is safe. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors in that block. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your crochet - double wow! I'll have to take a look at that series and the book - love historical and Amish romances.
    Happy to hear your family are safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not bought pumpkin yet, but I'm drinking pumpkin spice tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your family is safe - such a scary hurricane Matthew was. I just started Heart if Dixie and Netflix for that matter - loving it so far. Your crocheting is lovely. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.