Thursday, October 27, 2016

Book Review ~ Twice Promised by Maggie Brendan ~ 10/27/16

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
13609997
 
Blurb:
 
Greta Olsen arrives in Central City, Colorado, as a mail-order bride, expecting to marry Jess Gifford, the man she's come to know through his tender letters. But when she meets Cora Johnson, she discovers she's not the only bride waiting at the train station for Jess.

Already shocked to find they must compete for Jess's affection, the young women can hardly believe it when not Jess but his brother Zach picks them up from the station--and reveals that Jess knows nothing about any mail-order bride, let alone two. Will either bride make the match she hopes for?

Filled with surprises, misunderstandings, and tender romance, Twice Promised is the story of how two unlikely women become twice blessed.
     

My Thoughts:
 
I first met Greta Olsen in "Deeply Devoted" the first book of the "Blue Willow Brides" series.  She was young and a bit of a brat.  I was very interested to find out how she "turned out" as she grew up and matured.
 
This book had me hooked from the time I found out that there were two mail-order-brides for one man.  I couldn't wait to read how things would transpire.  After all, there were two brides and two brothers!
 
I admit that I had to turn to the back page to see how it turned out.  I know, bad girl!  Even though I knew who would end up with who, I was delighted to continue reading to see how the author would bring about the ending.
 
I especially loved the last third of the book but I can't really tell you why without giving too much away.  Let's just say that the two brides turn the tables on the brothers!
 
 The third book in the "Blue Willow Brides" series is about Anna, the youngest sister.  I can't wait to get my hands on it!
 
 Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.