Friday, October 14, 2016

Feature & Follow ~ Character Names ~ 10/14/16

 
http://www.alisoncanread.com/

 
Q: What are some of your favorite, hated, or memorable character names?

I LOVE names!  I've been known to frequent www.babynames.com just to vote on "Name of the Day" even though my youngest daughter is 9 years old.  This questions is a great one!

Off the top of my head, I can think of one very overused name.  "RAFE".  I recently read a book where "Rafe" was the hero.  It was by no mean the first time I've read a book with that name.  Come on writers, think up a new hero name!

One name that annoyed me while reading was "JESSAMINE".  It just didn't flow and they NEVER called her "Jess" to make it a bit less stuffy.  I think it is a pretty name but not when you have to read it 50 billion times over the course of a book.

One of my favorite names was "COLLETTE".  I'll admit that it was because the name is SO close to mine and I never, I mean NEVER see anything with my name on it.

I can't wait to see some of the other blogger's hated names :)

Have a great Friday!


3 comments:

  1. I had a college classmate named Collette. I didn't like it much and she's often bullied bec in Filipino, makulit/makulet means repetitive in doing something/annoying. New ff... happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessamine is a bit stuffy and a little too close to Jezebel for my taste. Although it is still an interesting name. I hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessamine is an interesting name but I definitely don't feel like it would flow right when it comes to reading it in a book. Have a good week!

    I followed you back =]

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.