Friday, October 14, 2016

Stacking the Shelves ~ 10/15/16


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week I added the following to my shelf:

20663432

Kat inspected rows of the same old cupcakes. They seemed to blink back at her, as if they knew she was capable of so much more.

Kat Varland has had enough of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.

At twenty-six years old, Kat is still living in the shadows of her family in Bayou Bend, Louisiana. Still working shifts at her Aunt Maggie s bakery. Still wondering what to do with her passion for baking and her business degree. And still single.

But when Lucas Brannen, Kat s best friend, signs her up for a reality TV bake-off on Cupcake Combat, everything Kat ever wanted is suddenly dangled in front of her: creative license as a baker, recognition as a visionary . . . and a job at a famous bakery in New York.

As the competition heats up, Lucas realizes he might have made a huge mistake. As much as he wants the best for Kat, the only thing he wants for himself her is suddenly in danger of slipping away.

The bright lights of reality cooking wars and the chance at a successful career dazzle Kat s senses and Lucas is faced with a difficult choice: help his friend achieve her dreams . . . or sabotage her chances to keep her in Louisiana."


~~~~~~~~~~~

Laken added the following to her shelf:

27856404

Emery Mason hates the holidays. She’s so over tinsel, secret santas, and excessive cheer. To make matter worse, her parents are forcing her to work—as an elf!—in their Santa photo booth at the mall. Then she meets Alejandro Perez, who works at the hot cocoa shop next door. He’s so annoyingly full of the holiday spirit he should be the one wearing elf get-up!

 But the more time Emery spends with Alex, the more she realizes she might not be the Grinch she thinks she is. When a Secret Santa surprise turns her world upside down, will Emery finally embrace the magic of the season? Or will she miss her chance to kiss the perfect boy under the mistletoe?
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Also linking up to: The Sunday PostMailbox Monday

 
Happy Reading!


20 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book ideas! I will look at the library though, as I am trying to destash books at the moment. Hubby says there are too many. No such thing, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These books look good, and are making me hungry lol hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, these both look fantastic and I'm sure I'd enjoy them, adding to my TBR :) Just in case I'll find the time to get started ;)
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot Cocoa Hearts sounds like a really sweet story!

    Enjoy your new books! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My Book Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had the restraint to just add two books each week-I might then have a chance of reducing my out of control tbr! Hope you have a great reading week and thanks for taking the time to come and say hi on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these books sound really good!

    Hope you enjoy your new books and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new books look terrific.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. These both sound like fun reads. I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those covers are SUPER cozy and so so much fun! I hope you both enjoy your book acquisitions!

    Also, thank you so much for stopping by my StS this week--much appreciated! Happy book-ing to you both! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. These both sound super cute. I've been trying to collect some cute reads for the holidays so maybe I'll look into one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm, cupcakes and hot cocoa. Now I'm hungry (and it's past midnight! lol). :D I hope you enjoy both of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these books are making me hungry! Cupcakes and Cocoa! I hope you both enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoy a fun Christmas book so the second book sounds good to me. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These sound like nice cozy reads... it's starting to get cold here, finally, so it seems like the perfect time for that to me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HOT COCOA HEARTS looks so cute.

    Love the covers on both books.

    ENJOY!!

    Have a great week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look like "sweet" stories. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.