Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Book Review ~ Echoes of Titanic by Mindy Starns Clark ~ 5/5!!!




Title:  "Echoes of Titanic"
Series:  N/A
Author:  Mindy Starns Clark and John Campbell Clark
Publisher:  Harvest House
Publication Date: 3/1/12
Pages:  385

Book Description:

Kelsey Tate comes from sturdy stock. Her great-grandmother Adele endured the sinking of Titanic and made it safely to America, where she not only survived but thrived. Generations later, Kelsey works for the firm Adele founded nearly 100 years ago.
Now facing a hostile takeover, the firm’s origins are challenged when new facts emerge about Adele’s actions on the night Titanic sank. Kelsey tries to defend the company and the great-grandmother she has long admired, but the stakes are raised when Kelsey’s boss is murdered and her own life threatened. Forced to seek help from Cole Thornton, a man Kelsey once loved—and lost, thanks to her success-at-all-costs mentality—she pursues mysteries both past and present. Aided by Cole and strengthened by the faith she’d all but forgotten in her climb up the corporate ladder, Kelsey races the clock to defend her family legacy, her livelihood, and ultimately her life.

My Overall Feeling of the Book:

Wow!  This book was so intriguing!

I loved how the book went back and forth between present day Kelsey and then Adele and Jocelyn on the Titanic.  I eagerly looked forward to the next section just to eagerly look forward to the NEXT section.  Know what I mean??

Up until the last few pages, I still had no idea if Adele was really Adele or Jocelyn.  The mystery was so complex.  Actually, I should say "mysteries".  There were multiple.

This was such a fun book for both historical and contemporary fans.

A Brief Excerpt:

"Dress warmly first, and then put on the life vest over your coat.  Bring your hat and hand muff too.  It's bitterly cold outside tonight.  I'll be back soon."

Page  322

The Cover:

The cover is so dramatic!  I love how it brings in the Titanic as well as giving me a face to go with Kelsey.

Other Notes:

~  This is a nice, clean read.


Rating

5/5 Absolutely Loved It!

On to the next book,

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great read - what a find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a wonderful book! So mysterious and intriguing!! :) So thankful you stopped by my blog today. I love the picture of your kitchen sink!! So homey and inviting and cozy. I am your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful book; always love a good recommendation!
    Blessings for this first day of May!

    Thanks for visiting me over at http://refinemelord.com/
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just may have to buy this one. Anything titanic sparks my interest.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.