Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Weigh-in Wednesday ~ 4/30/14 ~ Week 3




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whatever you do, work at it wholeheartedly as though you were

 doing it for the Lord and not merely for people.

Colossians 3:23

I've been walking 2 miles a day fairy regularly lately.  The weather has been nice and I've been able to get outside and walk.

I'm very fortunate to live where I do.  I live in a little town in an even littler neighborhood known locally as "Hollywood".  (It is where the newer houses in town are :)

The outskirt of the neighborhood is what I call the "perimeter".  The perimeter is exactly 1 mile.  Isn't that amazing!  I even clocked it in my van one day.

When I started walking again, a few weeks ago, I was only walking 1 mile or 1 lap.  After about a week or two, I wanted up my walking and started walking 2 laps or 2 miles.

Being that it is the perimeter, I have to walk by my house before starting the second mile.  Sometimes it is very tempting to just turn into my drive and leave it at 1 mile for the day.  For the most part, I'm pretty good at prevailing and walk right on by.

It is amazing how much better I feel after getting 2 miles in for the day.

I do have a treadmill for when it is storming but I much prefer walking outside even in the rain.

What is your preferred method of exercise?

Week 3 check-in:

Miles:  12
Total Miles: 28.5

lbs lost:  1.0
Total lost:  6.8

Food Plan:  Let's just call it my third week slump and let it at that.  Back on plan!

Week 1
Week 2

Thanks for stopping by!


I'd love for you to come Like my Facebook Page!  Pretty please?


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on walking and losing weight. I love to walk, but have a bum knee that I often use as my excuse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It's difficult to stick to a plan like that, but it does pay off. I don't know if it's my preferred method, but what works for me is exercising around 7 a.m., 3 days a week, in my bedroom with weights and aerobics. I've been in that routine for years and just knowing that's what I'm going to do, makes it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to do T-Tapp first thing in the morning. I should go on walks.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.