Saturday, November 17, 2012

Cover Crush ~ The House at Tyneford by Natasha Solomons


Cover Crush is a new meme over at On The Shelf where beautiful and eye-catching covers are spotlighted! Any cover can be showcased whether it be old or new, read or still sitting in your TBR stack.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Cover Crush this week is:

The House at Tyneford
It's the spring of 1938 and no longer safe to be a Jew in Vienna. Nineteen-year-old Elise Landau is forced to leave her glittering life of parties and champagne to become a parlor maid in England. She arrives at Tyneford, the great house on the bay, where servants polish silver and serve drinks on the lawn. But war is coming, and the world is changing. When the master of Tyneford's young son, Kit, returns home, he and Elise strike up an unlikely friendship that will transform Tyneford-and Elise-forever.

What I love about it:

I love the mystery that this cover hides.  It reminds me a little bit of "A Secret Garden" or even "The Sound of Music".  What adventures are coming for the girl carrying her suitcases into the huge and ancient-looking estate.  I love the possibilities that the cover eludes to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What are your thoughts on the cover of this book?

1 comment:

  1. Nice cover! Very pretty. I would love to see what that house looks like!

    Vyki @ On The Shelf

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.