Thursday, November 1, 2012

Movie Night (2) ~ People Like Us ~ 11/1/12


A weekly spotlight of a recently watched movie.  Everyone is welcome to leave a link to a movie review in the comments!  What movie should we watch this weekend for Movie Night?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Title:  People Like Us
MPAA Rating:  PG-13 (language, drug use, brief sexuality)
Genre:  Comedy, Romance
Run Time:  2 hours
Premiere Date:  6/29/12
Writer(s):  Kurtzman, Orci, Lambert
Director:  Alex Kurtzman
Distributor:  Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures


Synopsis:

Sam is a young, fast-paced salesman who reluctantly returns home when he learns his father has died unexpectedly. In the course of putting his father's estate in order and reconnecting with his estranged family, Sam discovers he has an older sister. As their relationship develops, Sam must to rethink everything he thought he knew about this family and take a hard look at his own life choices.
 
Cast


Sam Harper:  Chris Pine
Frankie Davis:  Elizabeth Banks
Josh Davis:  Michael D'Addaris
 
My Overall Thoughts:

While I liked the story told in this movie, I had hoped for much more.

Sam was quite the jerk in the beginning and I felt so bad for Frankie.

Just watching Josh's teenage actions, made me hope and pray that my girls never act that way!

MPAA Rating Thoughts:

Again, PG-13 just doesn't seem a strong enough rating.  There is some major language, Sam drinks and smokes pot with his mom, there is fairly detailed sexuality.  There are also some situations that were pretty mature also.


My Favorite Scenes(s):

My favorite scene is at the very end.  It involves an old-style home recorder and I really can't say anything more than that or I'll give too much away!


Watch This Movie With:

This is a true chick-flick and should be watched with appropriate chicks :)

Other Notes:

-  It was really strange seeing Michelle Pfeifer playing an older lady.

-  I never did quite figure out the dynamics of the two familes at once thing.  Were they at the same time?  One before the other?  It left me curious.

-  I enjoyed Olivia Wilde's small part in the movie.  She was really the only character that seems "normal".

Trailer:



My Rating:

4/5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What are you watching this weekend?  Leave a comment or link :)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. I've been eyeing this one up at my local Red Box.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.