Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Weigh-In Wednesday ~ 1/25/17

 
My inspiration:
 
Commit whatever you do to the Lord, and your plans will succeed.
 
Proverbs 16:3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bronchitis.  Sinus infection.  Both were enough to throw me for a loop this week. 

Exercise was pretty much non-existent and I was craving comfort food like crazy!

Hence, my 0.6 lb gain :(

I almost didn't even go to my meeting because I knew there was going to be a gain.  At the last minute I decided that I NEEDED to go and face the music of the scale and get the support I would need for the week ahead.

As I mentioned last week, my meeting has moved locations.  It was a bit chaotic as everyone was trying to figure out how to best situate the products, weigh-ins and seating but it all worked out.

The meeting was about "Mindful Eating".

"Mindful Eating" is eating with intention while paying attention.

We talked about all the distractions that take place while we're eating.  Work, TV, even driving!  The main idea was to try to be more mindful about what, where and why we are eating.  Some ways to accomplish this are to enjoy conversation, the smell of your food, the color of your food, and pay attention to the ambiance of the room.  (pretty centerpiece, etc.)

A question was posed to the group:  "What healthy habit are you working on?"  My answers would be exercise, tracking and healthier snacks with the intentions of losing weight and feeling better both physically and mentally about myself.

What healthy habit are YOU working on?


My week's stats:

Weigh-in:  +0.6 lbs.  Total:  -16.8 lbs.

Exercise:  Non-existent!

Tracking:  Horrible!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!

 
Linking up to  WholeHearted WednesdayR&R, Word Filled Wednesday, Coffee and Conversation, Ladies Collective,   Party in Your PJs,  Works or Me, Wake-Up Wednesday and  Women with IntentionPeaches and Salt, Raising Homemakers, Wise Woman, Classical Homemaking , Wow Us Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. I am sure that you will get right back on top of things and next week will be better. These things are never going to go as well when you are sick, but I hope you are better now and will be better next week too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that you had a bad week. I hope that you are feeling better. It is very hard to stay on track and exercise when you are feeling like crud. I had a bad week as well with food choices... too much stress eating and ice cream. But we have to remember this isn't necessarily a sprint. We've got this. We will turn it around this week and get back on track. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were so right to go to the meeting. Get it over with, move on, resolve to make positive changes next week. I really need to be reminded about Mindful Eating. My husband and I are terrible about eating on the run, in front of the TV, snacking mindlessly. The one time that I can say we were really successful at Mindful Eating was when we had fondue on New Year's Eve, just the two of us here at home. Waiting for our food to cook, we had great conversation, and savored every bite of the food as it was ready. I think I need to figure out a way to cook our meals at the table!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.