Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Weigh-In Wednesday ~ 1/4/17

 
My inspiration:
 
Commit whatever you do to the Lord, and your plans will succeed.
 
Proverbs 16:3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have no happy pictures to share today.

This past weigh-in was my first gain since starting Weight Watchers on November 5, 2016 :(

I knew it was going to be bad.  I had over-indulged in Christmas cookies and fudge.  I had NOT exercised more than a day or two.  I wasn't tracking and it showed up in a 1.6 lb gain for the week.

I knew there was going to be a gain.  I wasn't very surprised and because of that it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.  Yes, it took me back down below a total of 15 lbs (now a total of 14.6 lbs lost) but I knew that the New Year was coming and that I would get back on track.

The important thing is that I stayed for the meeting.  I knew I needed the insight and support of my fellow Weight Watchers to set the tone for the New Year.

We talked about looking back at the past year to see what worked and what didn't.

I only had about 2 months of Weight Watcher experience to look at but I know that exercise and tracking my points (and staying within my points) are what works.  I know it works because I've seen it work.  I know that having a week like last week does NOT work.

I'm taking the gain as a learning experience.

I'm also looking at it this way:  I've lost 14.8lbs!

If I had waited to join Weight Watchers after the Holidays, I would just be starting.  As it is I've got almost a 15lb jump start!  I feel very happy about that :)

Here's to a great 2017!!  I have BIG plans!

My week's stats:

Weigh-in:  +1.6 lbs.  Total:  -14.8 lbs.

Exercise:  Almost non-existent.

Tracking:  Very sporadic.  I ate things I shouldn't have and too much of it.  I basically took the week off and it showed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!

 
Linking up to  WholeHearted WednesdayR&R, Word Filled Wednesday, Coffee and Conversation, Ladies Collective,   Party in Your PJs,  Works or Me, Wake-Up Wednesday and  Women with IntentionPeaches and Salt, Raising Homemakers, Wise Woman, Classical Homemaking , Wow Us Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the set backs as well as the victories, for this is the essence of life here on this fallen planet. Praying for you right now that you will get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! I'm happy you are tracking your progress.
    I hope you overcome this New Year.
    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.