Thursday, January 26, 2017

Book Review ~ A Lady at Willowgrove Hall by Sarah E. Ladd ~ 1/26/17

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
18588426
 
Blurb:
 
 Her secret cloaks her in isolation and loneliness. His secret traps him in a life that is not his own.

Darbury, England, 1819

Cecily Faire carries the shame of her past wherever she treads, knowing one slip of the tongue could expose her disgrace. But soon after becoming a lady’s companion at Willowgrove Hall, Cecily finds herself face-to-face with a man well-acquainted with the past she’s desperately hidden for years.

Nathaniel Stanton has a secret of his own—one that has haunted him for years and tied him to his father’s position as steward of Willowgrove Hall. To protect his family, Nathaniel dares not breathe a word of the truth. But as long as the shadow looms over him, he’ll never be free to find his own way in the world. He’ll never be free to fall in love.

When the secrets swirling within Willowgrove Hall come to light, Cecily and Nathaniel must confront a painful choice: Will they continue running from the past . . . or will they stand together and fight for a future without the suffocating weight of secrets long kept?
    

My Thoughts:
 
Sarah E. Ladd has fast become one of my favorite authors!
 
I loved the first two books of the "Whispers on the Moors" series,  "The Heiress of Winterwood" and "The Headmistress of Rosemere".  They were both excellent reads.
 
I had great expectations for "A Lady at Willowgrove Hall"!
 
It did NOT disappoint :)
 
The opening line set the tone for the entire book:  "Is it always a sin to tell a lie?"  This is a great question that the main characters both have to ask themselves as they are both keeping secrets.
 
I loved Cecily and Nathaniel and loved them even more together :)
 
Once again, the setting became a character of in its own right.  My imagination went along delightfully with the descriptions the author chose to set the scene.
 
I couldn't have been happier with how this book turned out :)
 
It is always so much fun to see a series through to completion.  Even if it took me 3 years to do so!
 
I look forward to reading more books from this author.
 
 
For the Biblical "Way of Salvation" please see my header or click HERE.
 
 
 Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!

10 comments:

  1. There is definitely some fiction reading in my future. Thanks for this review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation. Will definitely check out those titles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Heiress of Winterwood Kindle edition was only $1.99 today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this series too! I'm looking forward to reading her other books soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this book! Glad you enjoyed it, too.
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to check into this series, see if the library has it. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds very intriguing! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this series! Thanks for linking up with Literacy Musing Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an author I really want to read ASAP! Thanks for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com this week!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has such a pretty cover. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    Thanks for linking up on Saturday Situation!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.