Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 1/2/17


 
Come join Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The weather outside is::::

 We had snow this week!  It is almost all melted now but it was pretty while it lasted.  I'm sure it won't be the last snow fall of winter!

 
 


On my breakfast plate:
 
Smart Ones Canadian Ham, Egg and Cheese Muffin
  
As I look around the house::::
 
The Christmas decorations are coming down today.  I'm happy and sad.  I love getting back into the normal routine after the holidays but I'm also sad that they are over.  Does that make any sense at all?

On today's to do list::::

Undecorate.
Exercise.
Bible reading.
2017 BAMCAL

 
Happening this week::::
 
Monday....Back to the grind :)  Undecorate, 2017 BAMCAL.
Tuesday...  Clean, laundry.
Wednesday... Menu and Grocery List.
Thursday.....Groceries.
Friday....Laundry, Schedule.
Saturday....Weight Watchers Meeting.

Currently reading::::


27066859

I started "Missing" by Lisa Harris.  I'm hoping to get it finished up soon.
 
On the TV::::

RIO 1

After the holidays, TV seems a bit drab without the Christmas movies.  We were flipping through looking for something to watch and came across RIO.  I was reminded what a cute movie it is :)

 
On the Radio:::

This week for Songs on Sunday, I featured "Refuge" by Finding Favour.
 
On the menu this week::::

Monday - Chicken Bake, Peas, grapes
Tuesday - Ham, Pierogis, corn apples
Wednesday -  Baked Chicken, Cheesy Potatoes, broccoli, peaches
Thursday - Hoagies, Chips
Friday - Pizza
Saturday - Bacon, Eggs and Toast
Sunday - Dinner at Church


What I am creating at the moment::::

I finished up Laken's Scrappy Granny Afghan on Friday night.


She picked out the colors from my stash and chose the layout.


She also picked a solid granny square as opposed to a more open regular granny square.


The afghan is now washed, dried and resting at the foot of her bed.



Just in time for me to start the January 2017 BAMCAL and the Moorland CAL!
 

From the Camera:::
 



Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

John 16:33 NIV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Linking up to :What Are You Reading,   Yarn Fanatic, Art of Homemaking, Make Your Home SingGood Morning Monday, Menu Plan Monday ,  The Creative Gallery, Tuesday Pin-spirationYarn Along, Keep Calm Craft On, Linky Ladies, Pieces by Polly , Homemaking Linkup, Homesteader Hop.

6 comments:

  1. Great plans. The afghan is really pretty. I wish I could crochet that good. Have a great week. Thanks for sharing this beautiful scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallmark channel is having some NEW winter themed movies this month. I'm out of Christmas movies on the DVR too so know how you feel :(

    Pretty afghan and LOVE that photo - I'm sure a memory they'll cherish for years to come.

    Have a great week. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colors in that afghan. I do know what you mean about the Christmas decorations and the holidays. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The funnest projects are the using up from the basket ones. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our tree and decorations have to come down tomorrow and I am not ready to see them go either! Your afghan is beautiful, what a gorgeous colour combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely afghan, so colorful. Needing color this time of year. I'm your newest follower. Loving your interesting blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.