Monday, January 9, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 1/9/17


 
Come join Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The weather outside is::::


Cold!  Very cold!  At one point it was only 6F. 

It is supposed to warm up within the next few days to 30F and snow.  Laken is hoping for some good sled-riding snow :) 
 


On my breakfast plate:
 
Smart Ones Canadian Ham, Egg and Cheese Muffin
  
As I look around the house::::
 
I see a sick husband who has to work seven 10-hour days this week.  I'll be doing a bit of pampering.

On today's to do list::::

"31 Verses" - Verse 2.
Exercise.
Bible reading.
Crochet

 
Happening this week::::
 
Monday....Pamper a sick husband, "31 Verses"
Tuesday...  Clean, laundry, Harvester's Meeting, Cheer.
Wednesday... Menu and Grocery List, Schedule for next week.
Thursday.....Bills, Groceries, Cheer practice.
Friday....No School, Laundry.
Saturday....Weight Watchers Meeting.

Currently reading::::

18588426


"A Lady at Willowgrove Hall" is the 3rd book in the "Whispers on the Moors" series by Sarah E. Ladd.  I've read both of the first two books and was really excited to see this book at Ollie's for $1.99!  Score :)
 
On the TV::::

BFG and Star Trek

Be watching for a review of BFG soon!

 
On the Radio:::

This week for Songs on Sunday, I featured "Dear Younger Me" by MercyMe.
 
On the menu this week::::

Monday - Smothered Crockpot Chicken, Peas, grapes
Tuesday - Deer Steak, Sweet Rice, Green Beans, apples
Wednesday -  Turkey, Stuffing, Broccoli, Peaches
Thursday - Pork Chops, Mashed potatoes, corn, apples
Friday - Pizza
Saturday - Oatmeal, Toast
Sunday - Dinner at Church


What I am creating at the moment::::

I was really excited to start the 2017 BAMCAL, a Ravelry Group.
 
The first block for January 2017 was the Moody Blues, a free 12" block by Helen Shrimpton.
 

I learned two new stitches with this block.  Bead Stick and Crossed Triple Crochet.  I was so excited that I was able to master both!

 
I also started a Cosy Stripe Afghan by Attic24 in Moorland inspired colors.  More on that at a later date :)

From the Camera:::
 

 
Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::

"He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God;
Many will see and fear
And will trust in the Lord."


Psalm 40:3
(NASB)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Linking up to :What Are You Reading,   Yarn Fanatic, Art of Homemaking, Make Your Home SingGood Morning Monday, Menu Plan Monday ,  The Creative Gallery, Tuesday Pin-spirationYarn Along, Keep Calm Craft On, Linky Ladies, Pieces by Polly , Homemaking Linkup, Homesteader Hop.

13 comments:

  1. I love Sarah Ladd's books!! Happy Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be interested in seeing what you think about BFG. It was on a list of movies I wanted to go and see with the boys but that we never quite made it. Hope your husband feels better and that you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Happy Homemaker Monday - hope your husband feels better soon. Thanks for the book recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your husband feels better soon. Nice looking crocheting project too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty crochet square! I love those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your 'from the camera' photo is priceless! Hope hubby is feeling better soon. The cover of that book is so pretty - it definitely makes me want to read the whole series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your book sounds so interesting, and your menu is yummy. Love the photo, what a priceless capture :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your poor hubby gets well soon, that photo with dog is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your husband gets feeling better very soon. It looks like you have a well planned week ahead. I'll have to check out this Happy Homemaker Monday thing. It's new to me :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your husband feels better soon.

    Love your menus for the week.

    ENJOY your books and the rest of your week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your hardworking husband gets well soon. Does he take Zinc as it helps shorten the duration of a cold? I'm a sucker for a pretty cover. Add that series to my TBR. Oh and I sent off my pen pal's card ^__^!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I'm new to your blog. Love it so far!!

    Any chance you have the recipe for smothered crock pot chicken online?? Sounds wonderful!!

    His
    Mrs U

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.