Thursday, January 12, 2017

"31 Verses" ~ Verse 2 ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17

 29358392
 
Welcome to "31 Verses"!
 
I'm so glad you have joined me today! 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Verse #1:
 
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ,
the new creation has come:
The old has gone, the new is here!

2 Corinthians 5:17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Study Questions:


1.  Was there a defining moment when you became a follower of Christ?  If you can't pinpoint a date and time, how do you know without a doubt that vital change took place?

I believe, as the Bible says, that the defining moment you become a follower of Christ is the moment you obey the Way of Salvation and are baptized to rise and to walk in a newness of life.  For me, that was on Sunday, June 3, 1990, when I was 12 years old.


 
2.  Just as 2 Corinthians 5:17 begins with "therefore", so does Romans 8:1.  Read Romans 7:21-15 for a bit of background.  Then consider each word and phrase in Romans 8:1, noting what it reveals about this foundational truth for believers and how that truth encourages you.

Therefore:  taking into account that I do what I shouldn't and don't do what I should
there is now:  before there wasn't, but now there is
no condemnation:  no holding against me my sins
for those who are in Christ Jesus:  because I have had my sins washed away and am in Christ Jesus

This encourages me because I can know (even though I sometimes don't feel like it) that I am no longer going to be held accountable for my sins.  Jesus paid it all on the Cross of Calvary.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liz's Tip #2 for Memorizing Scripture:

Memorize the reference, then the verse, and then repeat the reference.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is my greatest desire that you truly take the time to write 2 Corinthians 5:17 on your heart this week.

I hope you will answer the study questions on your blog and leave a link in the comments.  If you don't have a blog, please feel free to leave any answers or questions in the comments.

 
~~~~~~~~~

Linking to:

Sunday:
 Spiritual Sunday and Counting My Blessings , Faith And Friendship , Grace And Truth , Dance with Jesus, Sunday Stillness, Give Me Grace .
Monday:
Art of Homemaking, Make Your Home SingGood Morning Monday, What Joy is Mine
Tuesday:
Totally Terrific TuesdayTitus 2sdays, Unite, Share Your Stuff, Treasure Box, Do Tell Tuesday and Titus 2 Tuesday, Hearth and SoulA Spirit of Simplicity,  Tuesdays with a Twist  , Inspire Me , Tuesday Talk.
Wednesday:
Coffee and Conversation, Ladies Collective,   Party in Your PJs,  Works or Me, Wake-Up Wednesday and  Women with IntentionPeaches and Salt, Raising Homemakers, Wise Woman
Thursday:
Share Your Cup;  Grandma IdeasLiteracy Musings and Saturday Situation, Booknificent. Party at My Place , Saturday Review of Book , Book Nook, Hearts for Home




6 comments:

  1. I love this verse -- so full of hope, not in my own ability to change, but in God's transforming power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Liz's sense of humor and down-to-earth style of writing/speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for helping me to meditate on the precious gift of salvation! Enjoyed thinking back to my "moment" as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com this week! Always a pleasure to have you!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful, hopeful verse. I grew up knowing Jesus, but I have had moments in my life when my relationship with him has deepened and I remember those fondly. Thank you for sharing this study and your journey with us at Hearth and Soul, Colletta.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.