Thursday, January 5, 2017

"31 Verses" ~ Verse 1 ~ Proverbs 3:3

 29358392
 
Welcome to "31 Verses"!
 
I'm so glad you have joined me today!  I hope you've been looking forward to this study as much as I have been :)
 
I've been thinking and pondering for about a month how to bring this study across on my blog.  I'm hoping that you have gotten a book to study along with, but if not, I still want you to be able to follow along.  (I do suggest you get the book.  There is a ton of great information within!)
 
I think what we'll do is focus on the verse and the study questions in the back of the book as well as the author's (Liz) tips for memorizing scripture.
 
So without further ado, we're off!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Verse #1:
 
"Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.

Proverbs 3:3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Study Questions:


1.  What is a Bible verse you especially like?  Why is it meaningful to you?
 
There are so many verses that I love.  If you look at my Bible you will see I have underlines EVERYWHERE!  However, one verse that is especially meaningful to me is Proverbs 16:3.
 
 

 
Why is this so meaningful?  Last year I picked the word "COMMIT" as my Word for the Year.  I think I'm going to keep it for another year as I still learn about committing.  There are so many things I want to commit to.  Bible Study, Reading, Exercise, Weight Loss, etc., etc., etc.!  No matter what it is that I'm trying to commit to, I want to succeed.  This verse promises that if I commit to the Lord WHATEVER I do, my plans will succeed.  I'm clinging to this promise!

 
2.  God's love and faithfulness truly are inseparable.  In what ways do Psalms 26:3; 40:11; 85:10 and 89:14 reinforce that truth?  And why do those two qualities go hand in hand?
 
These verses tell us that lovingkindness and faithfulness (truth) have "met" together.  (NASB)  BECAUSE of God's love, He is faithful.  He has been faithful in the past.  He is faithful now.  He will be faithful in the future.  He loves us that much!  We can trust in that and stand with confidence before the throne of grace.  (Hebrews 4:16) 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liz's Tip #1 for Memorizing Scripture:

Pray!  It is the most important step of all.


~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is my greatest desire that you truly take the time to write Proverbs 3:3 on your heart this week.

I hope you will answer the study questions on your blog and leave a link in the comments.  If you don't have a blog, please feel free to leave any answers or questions in the comments.

 
~~~~~~~~~

Linking to:

Sunday:
 Spiritual Sunday and Counting My Blessings , Faith And Friendship , Grace And Truth , Dance with Jesus, Sunday Stillness, Give Me Grace .
Monday:
Art of Homemaking, Make Your Home SingGood Morning Monday, What Joy is Mine
Tuesday:
Totally Terrific TuesdayTitus 2sdays, Unite, Share Your Stuff, Treasure Box, Do Tell Tuesday and Titus 2 Tuesday, Hearth and SoulA Spirit of Simplicity,  Tuesdays with a Twist  , Inspire Me , Tuesday Talk.
Wednesday:
Coffee and Conversation, Ladies Collective,   Party in Your PJs,  Works or Me, Wake-Up Wednesday and  Women with IntentionPeaches and Salt, Raising Homemakers, Wise Woman
Thursday:
Share Your Cup;  Grandma IdeasLiteracy Musings and Saturday Situation, Booknificent. Party at My Place , Saturday Review of Book , Book Nook, Hearts for Home




7 comments:

  1. What a great verse! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wisdom from Liz is such a gift! Thanks for sharing this book and your insights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I own this book! I'm going to have to go check. Thanks for the study.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rather than a verse I just posted Psalm 91 one of my favorites. I wrote a song based on it called In the Secret Place. I selected a word for the month of January to dwell on and it is Dwell....and that is what brought that Psalm to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful thoughts on the book.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Happy New Year Collective.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so good! I have been reading through Psalms and am always encouraged! Stopping by from Women With Intention link up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Proverbs 16:3 is so powerful! I'm particularly fond of Jeremiah 29 verse 11 - 13, and I also like Proverbs 31. Thank you for sharing your favourite Bible verses with us at Hearth and Soul, Colletta, and for reminding me of some of mine.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.