Joyce's Hodgepodgey Questions:
1. Share one favorite moment/memory from your Christmas holiday.
There are so many! It was a wonderful Christmas! I guess one of my favorites was spending quality family time together. We went to the tree farm for our Christmas tree. We went to the movies to see SING. We played Dogopolgy and Pie Face. We sat around the Christmas tree on Christmas morning as my Mom read the account of Jesus' Birth from Luke 2. I can't pick just one!
2. What was the best thing you ate over the holidays? Was it homemade or store bought? If it was homemade did you make it?
It would have to be either the Bacon Ranch Potatoes my cousin Steph made for Christmas dinner or the Peanut Butter fudge my Mom made! Yummy :)
3. What was one of the most beautiful things you saw over the holidays?
Even though it didn't happen ALL of the time, I loved seeing my girls spend time together. They are 15 and 9. They usually don't get along. But this year they shared popcorn, made bracelets and played games together! I loved it all :)
4. What does fresh start mean to you?
It mean putting the past behind and looking to the future with a new mindset.
5. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very positive and 1 being not so great) how would you rate 2016 in terms of personal achievement and well being? Explain.
I would rate it a 9! I know, that is high. Let me explain. I struggle with bouts of anxiety and depression. 2016 was a good year for me on this front. There WERE times I struggled but I worked through them and with the help of some good meds, it was a good year.
I also joined Weight Watchers in November and have lost ALMOST 15 pounds!
6. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse, or just general uselessness. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen or, if you're like me, to find out what in the world the word or phrase even means or the context in which it's used. There were quite a few on this year's list I'd never heard before.
Here's the 2017 list of banished words-
You, Sir-focus-Bete Noire-Town Hall Meeting-Post Truth-guesstimate-831-historic-manicured-echo chamber-on fleek-bigly-ghost-Dadbod-listicle-get your dander up-selfie drone-frankenfruit-disruption
Which word on the list would you most like to see banished in 2017? What word or phrase would you add to the list?
I agree with Joyce! Some of these I have no idea what they are supposed to mean! So, banish them all!
7. Large or small, light or deep, share with us one goal you have for the new year.
To read the Bible through in 2017. So far, I'm on track :)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm sick. It is a head cold. I can't breathe and therefore I am awake at 4am writing this post. Just thought I'd share that little tidbit!
I'd love to return the visit! Please leave a comment and a link!