Saturday, August 22, 2015

Stacking the Shelves ~ 8/22/15

 

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week I added the following to my shelf:

18059811  
 
Allie Kirkland has never been one to take wild risks. But when she’s offered a costuming assistant’s job on a docudrama in the hills near Moses Lake, she jumps at the chance. She’s always dreamed of following in her director-father’s footsteps, and the reenactment of the legendary frontier settlement of Wildwood is a first step. The family expectations will have to wait.

But in 1861, the real Wildwood held dangerous realities. Town founder Harland Delevan held helpless residents, including young Irish schoolteacher Bonnie Rose, in an iron grip. Mysterious disappearances led to myths and legends still retold in the folk songs of Chinquapin Peaks.
 
Eventually, the entire site was found abandoned.
When strange connections surface between Allie and the teacher who disappeared over a century ago, everyone in Wildwood, including Allie’s handsome neighbor on the film set, Blake Fulton, seems to be hiding secrets, and Allie doesn’t know who she can trust. If she can’t find the answers in time, history may repeat itself . . . with the most unthinkable results.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Reading!


4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous cover! I hope you enjoy this book :-)
    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover! Enjoy

    Enter to win a personalized copy of Queen of Shadows! Open INT!!

    Leydy @ OUaT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know the book but I hope you enjoyed it. Happy reading :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you post a review for this one once you read it. I read it myself last year. Interested to hear what you think of it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.