Saturday, August 1, 2015

Book Review~ Dying to Read by Lorena McCourtney ~ 8/1/15

Dying to Read (The Cate Kinkaid Files, #1)


Blurb:

Cate Kinkaid is just dipping her toe into the world of private investigating until one of the many resumes she has floating around lands her a real job. All she has to do is determine that a particular woman lives at a particular address. Simple, right? When the big and brooding house happens to contain a dead body, this routine PI job turns out to be anything but simple. Is Cate in over her head?
 
My Thoughts:

As I've mentioned on the blog before, I've been in a MAJOR reading slump.  I asked a facebook group I belong to for suggestions on how to get out of a slump.  One of the repeated pieces of advice was to read a new genre.  So, mystery it was!

I had read some books by Lorena McCourtney before and enjoyed them.  I thought the blurb looked interesting so I settled in before bed to start reading.

Guess what?  I feel like I"m out of my slump!

This book was so entertaining!  I loved Cate Kinkaid's character and the PI aspect.  I thoroughly enjoyed the mystery and can honestly say that I didn't have it figured out at all :)  And, there was just enough hint of romance to make it interesting on that front as well.

I've already been looking at buying book 2 and 3 of the Cate Kinkaid Files series but I have so many other books on my shelf to read before I start buying.  These will be at the top of the list though :)

 
Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.