Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Book Review ~ Love in the Bargain by Kasey Stockton


~~~~~~~~~~~~



Title:  Love in the Bargain by Kasey Stockton
Series: Women of Worth Book #1
Pages:  240
Date Published:  April 26, 2019
Publisher:  Kindle Unlimited?

 Blurb:
A vow to remain unwed ​and a bargain designed to find her a husband.
What could possibly go wrong?


Elsie and her two best friends made a childhood vow to never marry.

But when Elsie begins her first season in London, her mother presents her with an irresistible bargain: if she says yes to each and every man’s invitations and still remains unattached by the end of the season, she will receive her inheritance and become a free woman.

She is thrown into the spotlight by increasing attention in the newspaper gossip articles, and keeping her end of the bargain seems impossible—especially when her best friend’s tyrant of a brother, Lord Cameron, begins to make advances that Elsie literally cannot refuse.

The gossip grows increasingly malicious, leaving destroyed reputations and broken homes in its wake, and Elsie can’t seem to escape its focus. But it’s her own blossoming feelings for Lord Cameron that pose the greater threat. If she can’t keep him out of her heart, she’s sure to compromise the bargain, break her vow, and lose her one shot at freedom for good.
My Thoughts:

"Love in the Bargain" is the first book in the "Women of Worth" Series by Kasey Stockton.

I'm truly not sure how I felt about this book.

The first half of the book was setting up the characters for the series but it felt like forever before the story really started rolling.  There really wasn't much of even a hint of romance until over halfway through the book.

One of my issues is the book was written in first person from the POV of Elsie.  Personally, I prefer third person stories where I get to know what is going on in multiple character's heads.  For so much of the book, I felt like I was in the dark because I truly didn't have a clue what was going on except for Elsie's POV.

I did truly enjoy the premise and the characters.  Once the story got going (about 50% through) I couldn't put it down because I had to know what in the world was going on!  lol  At some points, I was so confused!

The last chapter or two were the best, where everything was coming together I finally got to know what was going on with Rosalynn and Freya.

I will definitely give the second book in the series a go :)

I read this book through Kindle Unlimited.

On to the next book!

Colletta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.