Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hodgepodge and Chats ~ 8/1/12


This week's questions:

1. I'm joining my daughter1 in the 101 in 1001 challenge. Essentially you create a list of 101 things you hope to do or accomplish in the next 1001 days. What's one thing you'd put on your list?

Get through my baby's first day of Kindergarten without having a meltdown!

2. How many remote controls do you have in your house? What's one item in your home you wish could be operated by remote control?

We have at least 7 remotes in the house.  I wish I had a remote control to stop the bickering, fight and whining between the girls.  MUTE!

3. What does having it all mean to you? Is it attainable?

Being content with where you are and with what you have in life.  I think it is possible to attain in moments and on occasions but I think we'll always want more and have new challenges to conquer.

4. What's your favorite movie soundtrack?

I don't have very many movie soundtracks but I vividly remember listenin to the "Dirty Dancing" soundtrack over and over when I was about 10.  Other than that I like the "Soul Surfer" soundtrack and I also played the soundtrack to "The Runaway Bride" over and over :)

5. Describe the best view you've seen from a rooftop.

The view from the top of the Ponce DeLeon Lighthouse in Daytona, FL.  Ocean, beach, piers, palm trees...


6. What's your least favorite thing about summer?

When it gets too hot to even be outside comfortably.


7. Our weekly Hodgepodge falls on the first day of August. In ten words or less sum up your July.

Refereeing kids.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

Today is August 1st and our household is offically in training for the start of the new school year.  That means back to a bedtime routine, lights out time and setting alarms in the morning.  This year I'll have 2 kids to get out the door in the morning and then all day on my own.  The new routinge should be interesting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



This week's questions:
1.  Do you have any special plans for this fall?

Our Anniversary is September 17th so we usually do something special for that.  Other than that, just getting the kids back into the school routine.

 

2.  Do you collect anything?

It seems like the only thing I collect are dust bunnies...

3.  Have you done any canning or freezing this season?

I haven't done any yet, but when the apples are ready we'll probably go to an orchard and get a bunch to made apple butter and applesauce.  Not to mention pies and dumplings :)

4.  Do you have a friend who lives far away? Where do they live?

I guess I can count my Aunt Mary as my friend ;)  She lives in Port Orange, FL where I just found out yesterday, Ryan Lochte-Olympic Swimmer is from!

5.  When in a store, restaurant, or other business, do you ever complain or praise to the management?

Not very often.  I'll usually tell the servers, etc., if we've enjoyed ourselves but I don't really call on the management.  As for complaining, I don't know if I ever have.  I've often thought of it but have controlled myself.  lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a great day!







6 comments:

  1. I collect dust bunnies too. I have quite an impressive collection by now. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I taught kindergarten...my favorite age! Good luck with the transition. You'll be fine and will get used to the new normal at home. We see all that blank space in our day but it fills up somehow : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. September 17 is my brother and sister's birthday - they're twins - so it's a special day for us too! Have fun at that apple orchard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember each of the lovelies' first day of kindergarten. It never did get any easier. Same thing when each one went off to college. I also remember those days of the seemingly constant bickering. The good news- it ends. The lovelies are all BFFs with each other now! I never used to call the management either but, once I understood that they rarely get compliment calls, I started doing it regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I collect dust bunnies, too!!! I'm going to have to start giving them names!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't collect dust bunnies; they've colonized!

    Apples are my main event in the fall. I do apple crisps, sometimes apple butter and always, always, apple chips. I usual;y have one quart zip-loc for me and send a gallon and a half to my nieces in Indianapolis. This year I have to pack up and ship them to 2 different college dorms! (Still proud of the honors cords from HS graduation in May!)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.