Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hodgepodge and Chats ~ 7/18/12


This week's questions:

1. The Summer Olympics begin next week and London is playing host. If you had the chance to go in person which (non-Olympic) London site would you most like to visit?
 
I guess I would like to see Buckingham Palace.
 

 
2. What is something in your life right now that feels like an Olympic event?
 
Trying to lose weight and get healthier!
3. What's your favorite supper to prepare and serve when it's too hot to cook?
 
Do I have to prepare it?  Can't I just order a pizza?  lol
 
4. July 18th is National Get Out of the Doghouse Day...when was the last time you were 'in the doghouse'?
 
Well, around my house I am usually the one sending others to the Doghouse.  Sure, I make the hubby mad sometimes but I am the Queen of the Castle and he treads lightly.  hehe

 
5. What television advertisement do you find particularly irritating or inappropriate? You may not answer with 'all of them'. I know some of you were thinking about it.
 
The Geico squeeling pig!  So annoying!  Oh, and the Victoria's Secrets ads should NOT be on family TV!

 
6. Share one piece of interesting news from the year you were born.
 
Wow!  I had to look up news headlines from 1978 and found out that is the year of the Jim Jones Suicides in Guyana.

 
7. What's the best part of your average day?
 
Relaxing with a good book or checking off the last task for the day.

 
8. Insert your own random thought here.
 
The hubby is painting my oldests room.  She picked 4 different colors.  It should be interesting to see how it turns out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Here are the questions:

(There aren't any questions posted for today, so I'll use last week's questions that I missed.)

1.  What's your favorite room in your home?

Either my bedroom or my crafting/computer room.


2.  If you could go anywhere on a vacation, all expense paid, where would it be?

IRELAND!


3.  Were you a girl scout or in any similar program?

I was a Brownie for 1 year.  I just wasn't that into it. 


4. What's your favorite frozen treat?

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream :)  YUM


5.  Are you NASCAR or the elderly lady with the pillbox hat when you drive?

According to my husband I drive way too fast.  But I try not to go more than 10 miles over the speed limit.  I know that is bad, but I can't help it!  So, no, not a little old lady driver.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. I've always driven a little too fast. Having kids who drives makes me more aware of that! At least I'm not scary fast : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cop friend of mine once told me "nine you're fine, ten you're mine." Just might want to keep that in mind. ;)

    Weight loss shouldn't feel like it's an Olympic event, though! The key is to figure out what your eating habits are, what's motivating you to have those habits, and then "get addicted" to better ones.

    . I can't tell you how frustrating it is to know what you need to do to lose weight, but never seeming to be able to actually do it. It's easy to get caught in bad patterns around food, especially with emotional/stress eating or eating out of boredom. These patterns only arise because we all have underlying needs that need to be addressed--it's just sometimes we mistakenly handle them with food. Take a look at the video in my link. It does a great job explaining our needs and how we can stop destructive patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a craft room. My supplies are scattered (more like strewn) throughout the house. P.S. ten clicks over isn't too bad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't it be fun to visit England while the Olympics was there?I have been twice and would love to go back. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream sounds good right now and the freezer has NO ice cream.We have had 100+ degree weather and the grocery store I like is in the city and a very long drive. I want to get stocked up on ice cream the next reasonable day, and one where I actually think to bring a cooler.
    Have a great week! Don't forget to drop by the party next week:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the Victoria's Secret commercials. Ghesh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use to drive quite fast but now that I have three kids who say, "mom you are driving too fast" thanks to the GPS that is usually on I have slowed down :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for letting you kids pick their own room colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.