Saturday, July 7, 2012

Book Review: "Tomorrow's Garden" by Amanda Cabot

Tomorrow's Garden (Texas Dreams, Bk 3)

Title:  "Tomorrow's Garden"
Series:  Texas Dreams Book 3
Author:  Amanda Cabot
Publisher:  Revell
Publication Date:  4/1/2011
Pages:  384
Buy From Amazon:  HERE

Book Description (PBS):

Harriet Kirk is certain that becoming Ladreville's schoolteacher is just what she needs--a chance to put the past behind her and give her younger siblings a brighter tomorrow. W hat she didn't count on was the presence of handsome former Texas Ranger Lawrence Wood--or the way he slowly but surely claims her fragile heart. But can Harriet and Lawrence ever truly put the past behind them in order to find happiness?



My Overall Feeling of the Book:

This was the third and final book of the Texas Dreams series.  I pulled it off my TBR pile to read as part of the "All Series, All Summer 2012".  I can now cross of another series!

I'm so glad I pushed through Book 2 because I enjoyed Book 3 as much as I did Book 1.  After such a depressing read in "Scattered Petals", I was a bit leary starting in on "Tomorrow's Garden".  I quickly overcame that to enjoy a fun, sweet story.  There are conflicts but just the right amount to make it interesting and pull me in.

My Favorite Character:

Harriet is my favorite character in this book.  She willingly and lovingly took over raising her 5 siblings at a very young age.  She made their well-being a primary focus and had a strong sense of family.  She also worked as a teacher to take care of her family and her students, although a bit intimidated at first, came to love her just as I did.

My Favorite Scene:

My favorite scene was on Christmas Day when Harriet and her family invite Lawrence and the new preacher, Sterling, to spend the day with them rather than let them be alone on that special day.  It was full of warm fuzzies ;)


My Favorite Sentence/Paragraph:
"You should all be ashamed of yourselves," she said.  Unlike the other, she was not shouting, yet her voice carried clearly through the church.  "Is this any way to conduct yourselves in the House of the Lord?"  Without waiting for a response, whe continued.  "You call yourselves good Christians.  If you were, it seems to me you should be praying for Pastor Sempert's recover and thanking God that He sent us a new minister at the exact time we needed one."

Harriet Kirt page 97


It Woud Have Been Better If:

As I said above, I really enjoyed this book.  It seemed very balanced and realistic.  The only thing I wish is that I could learn more about Jake's story when he grows older. 


I Would Recommend This Book To:

Teachers, first-borns, Texas Ranger lovers, Texans, western fiction lovers, younger sibling who were are bossed around by older siblings, those who have ever moved to a new town or wish they COULD move to a new town.  lol
Rating

4/5

On to the next book,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.