Monday, July 23, 2012

Book Review: "The Accidental Bride" by Denise Hunter

The Accidental Bride

Title:  "The Accidental Bride"
Series:  A Big Sky Romance Book 2
Author:  Denise Hunter
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson
Publication Date:  1/3/2012
Pages:  290
Buy From Amazon:  HERE

Book Description (PBS):

When a wedding reenactment turns real, this cowgirl suddenly finds she's an accidental bride. — Shay Brandenberger is raising her daughter in Moose Creek, Montana on her childhood ranch, nestled against the Yellowstone River. Despite her hard work, she can't seem to keep her head above water -- and now the bank is threatening to foreclose.  She prays for a miracle, but the answer she receives is anything but.

Having agreed to play the bride in the Founders Day wedding reenactment, Shay is mortified to be greeted at the end of the aisle by none other than Travis McCoy, her high school sweetheart -- the man who left her high and dry for fame and fortune on the Texas rodeo circuit.

Then the unthinkable happens. Thanks to a well-meaning busy body and an absent minded preacher, the wedding reenactment results in a legal marriage. But before Shay can say annulment, Travis comes up with a crazy proposal. If she refuses his offer, she'll lose her home. But if she accepts, she may lose her heart.

Shay isn't sure if the recent events are God's will or just a preacher's blunder. Will trusting her heart to the man who once shattered it be the worst mistake of her life? Or could their marriage be the best accident that ever happened?


My Overall Feeling of the Book:

I loved this book!  I read it cover-to-cover in one sitting (well I was in bed).  I started the book about 10pm and was only going to read a few chapters.  I could not put it down.  Next thing I knew, I was done.  I just had to know what was going to happen.

My Favorite Character:

My favorite character was Shay.  She is so strong, independant and takes her responsibilities seriously.  Her feelings and resentments were realisitc.  She wasn't wishy-washy and didn't give in easily. 

She has a daughter who is just about the same age as my oldest daughter, so I had no problem imagining the expressions and attitude.


My Favorite Scene:

My favorite scene is when Travis gets the official Marriage Certificate in the mail.  What a shocker!

My Favorite Sentence/Paragraph:
Consciousness slowly claimed Shay.  She felt warm and snug as if she were wrapped in a cozy cocoon.  She didn't want to open her eyes, didn't want to check the time.  Dawn would arrive soon enough, if it hadn't already.

Shay, Page 208

It Would Have Been Better If:

I honestly can't think of anything that would make this book better.  I look forward to the next book in the series.


I Would Recommend This Book To:

Cowgirls, single moms, mothers of tweens, those with long-lost first loves, horse lovers, ranchers, those who have had a broken foot.  lol

Rating

5/5

On to the next book,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.