Monday, January 13, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 1/13/20



Come join Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm putting together a Valentine Swap!  I'd love for you to join in the fun!  Click HERE for more information.

https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2019/12/valentine-swap-sign-ups-ends-11820.html


 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The weather outside is::::

It was 68F this weekend!  Can you believe that???  It was also VERY windy, in fact, we had quite a few trees come down from the wind.

On my breakfast plate:

English Muffin, Eggs, Vanilla Chai Tea

As I look around the house::::

Things are pretty much in order :)

On today's to do list::::

The hubby, Kaylee and I will be going to the gym this morning and then stopping by the College Bookstore to get Kaylee's books for this semester.  We got groceries on again on Saturday so that we wouldn't have to worry about extra stops today.

Happening this week::::

Devotions:  I'm sad to say that I missed reading my devotions on Friday.  It was the first day of this year that I missed :(

For the "Bad Girls of the Bible" study, we learned more about Jezebel this week.  We should all know what happened to that Bad Girl!

WW:  I maintained this week so I was a bit bummed, but better than a gain, I guess!  Our meeting was about explaining how they get the points for each food.  The scientists look at calories, protein, saturated fat and sugars.  It was really quite interesting.

Exercise:  As I mentioned above, we're going to be going to the gym today.  The plan is to go on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  I'm determined!

Housework: Normal housework this week.  Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Doug:  The hubby is on second shift this week.  As I think I mentioned, it was his idea to get back to the gym.  He wants to lift weights while I do cardio.

Kaylee:  Kaylee starts back to school this Thursday.  She only has classes on Tuesday and Thursdays but it will be 4 classes back-to-back for basically the whole day.  I worry about her driving in the bad weather...  I guess I'll always worry about my babies.

Laken:  Laken's last day of the marking period is today.  Industrial Arts will be over for another year and she'll move on to "Humanities" which is a hodgepodge of skills that the students need to know such as how to use a printer, library etc.  She's not thrilled about this class as she has heard it is quite boring!


Currently reading::::

I finished "Fetching Sweetness" by Dana Mentink and will be posting a review tomorrow.  So cute!


Right now I'm reading "For Love or Loyalty" by Jennifer Hudson Taylor.


Next, I'll probably read either a contemporary fiction or a nonfiction.

 On the TV::::

NFL Playoffs!


Listening to:



On the menu week::::

Monday -  Ham, Fried Potatoes
Tuesday -  Ladies Meeting Potluck
Wednesday -  Potato Soup, Grilled Cheese
Thursday  - Kielbasa, Buttered Noodles
Friday -  Pork Chops, Au Gratin Potatoes
Saturday -  Pizza
Sunday - Potluck at Church


What I am creating at the moment::::

Still working on the Ombre Cozy Stripe Afghan at my leisure.  I also decided to join in the Ravelry BAMCAL 2020 and the Moogly CAL 2020.

Picture From the Camera


  
Bible Verse

 "For by your words you shall be justified and by your words you shall be condemned."

Matthew 12:37 NASB

Colletta

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got things pretty planned out. That's awesome. I'm going to go see what your Valentine swap is about. TTYL!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather is so strange! We actually had normal January weather with a snowfall and cold day on Saturday. Supposed to all start melting today. It's pretty but so much nicer to run kids to school without having to stop and scrape off the car windows. Hope your gym plans go well and that you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed stopping by! I love your crochet squares! I would love to be able to do that! I have tried to learn several times it also ends up in a horrible mess! It's just not meant to be lol! I hope you have a very good week ahead! Blessings and Prayers !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good week. Maintaining is lots better than gaining! I need to exercise more. My cold and general blah feeling have made it easy to find excuses. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your menu! I have been failing miserably to start my goals for 2020... I need to work on that. Hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a mug of vanilla chai tea right now too.. mmmm. Love the crochet square! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like our weather, it's so strange. Dense fog and 20 degrees this morning, and 70 degrees this afternoon. lol

    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to send you my information for the Valentine Swap, I forgot yesterday. Sounds as though you have plenty of plans. We had ham last night as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've had a ton of wind with our cold storms too here. I hope you've had a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.