Thursday, February 21, 2019

Thankful Thursday ~ 2/21/19



~Valentine's Day goodies from the hubby!  The hubby and I had our Valentine's Date the Saturday before Valentine's Day but first thing Valentine's Day morning he gave me a card and Reese Cups :)  He knows the way to my heart :)




~Cupcakes and Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars!  Laken has been baking up a storm lately.  On Valentine's Day, after she got home from school, she baked Strawberry Cupcakes and decorated them for us.  Monday evening, she baked Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.  She wants to make cupcakes again Friday evening.  In case you haven't guessed she wants to own a bakery when she grows up.  Either that or be a meteorologist :)




~My Gym Buddy!  Never in a million years would I have dreamed that my gym buddy would be my very own DAUGHTER!  How can I be old enough to have a daughter who is almost 18 years old?  I was just 18 years old yesterday, wasn't I?  Anyway, Kaylee and I have been hitting the gym (Planet Fitness) 3 times a week on our days "off".  She is kicking my butt :)


~The hubby's new haircut!  The hubby has the thickest head of hair I've ever seen on a man.  I was "long" overdue for a buzz but we just didn't have the opportunity or take the time.  Finally, after I told it was starting to look like Darth Vader's helmet, he made it a point to get the buzzers out for me and put the chair in the bathroom.  I buzzed it with a No.2 guard and then took the guard off to trim the nape.  He forgot the guard was off and tried to clean up a few stray hairs!  Needless to say, his whole head had to be gone over without a guard.  It is SUPER short!  P.S. Don't tell him I posted a picture of him napping with his blankie :)




~Snow days and Thundersnow!  Thursday school was cancelled due to the weather.  Not only did it snow and sleet, we had Thundersnow!  It was a bit startling!  The kids had fun hanging out in the Family Room ripping and running :)




What are you thankful for today?




Colletta


13 comments:

  1. That cupcake decor is quite impressive! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card... that's so cute. My hubby just isnt a 'card guy' - which I hate because I love cards, but I dont even bother getting them for him either because I'll find them a year later under the bed or in the bottom of a laundry basket. Sigh...
    What a cold time of year to get a head buzz ;) haha
    SNOWWW- NOOOO!!! I'm so hoping we've seen the last of it here

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! That is so funny about the haircut! Such a cutie all snuggled up with his blankie!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! That cupcake looks yummy! Your Valentine's Day cards are so nice. This year, hubby and I just SHOWED each other the cards we would have gotten each other while we were still in the store. We saved $10 on cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing like a snow day. As a teacher, I love them! lol Thunder snow is pretty exciting stuff, too. Thanks for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely mix of reasons and nice to get a bit of appreciation on Valentines. #R2BC

    ReplyDelete
  7. A loving and happy family. Thunder snow is quite a thrill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor hubby but I expect it will grow quickly. Cakes look yummy. Snow days are fun but not if you still have to get to work/school etc. Fortunately they're rare where I am. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy. I just gave hubby a cut today with the #3. How nice that your hubby has a full head of hair. Not the case for mine. Thundersnow sounds scary. :) It's been snowing in flurries all day here today. Hope you have a grand weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your daughter did a great job on the cupcakes! How fun to have a baker in the family! And fun to have one as a gym buddy! I've only heard thundersnow once - I had not know there was such a thing before that.

    https://barbarah.wordpress.com/2019/02/22/fridays-fave-five-493/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, one thing I'm thankful for is that it isn't snowing here!
    Those cupcakes look sooo yummy! If they taste as good as they look, they will sell like crazy in her bakery!
    My hubby has so much hair, too--I used to cut his, but no more--he has a professional do it now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the food! Baking is good for the soul:) you had a lot of snow, it looks fun but must've been cold and loud never heard of thunder snow before! Have a great week x r2bc

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've only ever seen thunder snow once in my life. It's quite the thing. Your very own built in baker! Yummy! It must be fun working out with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.