Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Wednesday Medley ~ Love Your Pet ~ 2/20/19

http://tdorsaneo.blogspot.com/

Come join Terri @ Your Friend From Florida every Wednesday.





NATIONAL LOVE YOUR PET DAY – February 20

NATIONAL LOVE YOUR PET DAY

On February 20th, pet lovers everywhere observe National Love Your Pet Day.  This holiday is a day set aside to give extra attention to and pamper your pets.  This is a good day to focus on the special relationship that you have with your pets.
Did you know that most households in the United States have at least one pet?  While there are more cats than dogs in the United States, more households have dogs than cats, but not by much. Pets are not limited to the canine and feline categories.  There are quite a few who prefer the companionship of birds, reptiles, fish or rats.  Whoever your pet companion is, we are sure you will enjoy spending a little extra time with them on National Love Your Pet Day and reap the benefits, as well such as stress relief and lower blood pressure.  So on February 20 (and every day) show your appreciation to your pets!
HOW TO OBSERVE
Bring your pet a special treat, take an extra long walk or give them more attention on National Love Your Pet Day.  Whatever you decide to do, spoil and appreciate your pets!  Use #NationalLoveYourPetDay to post on social media.
HISTORY
Within our research, we were unable to identify the creator of National Love Your Pet Day.
1.  Have you ever had a special pet in your life?  Will you tell us about it?
My very first puppy that we named Pepsi :)  I was only about 3 year old when we got her.  I'll have to ask my mom who idea it was to name her after Pepsi.
2.  Did you grow up with pets in your home?  What did it teach you?
We've always had pets.  Growing up, most of my pets were outside pets.  Shortly before I got married I got my first inside puppy named Abby.  My mom kept Abby when I got married and moved out but the hubby had a Basset Hound named Daisy.  Having pets while growing up taught me about loving and caring for others.
3.  Do you ever wonder what animals are thinking?
Sometimes.
4.  Sometimes a pet gets out and doesn't return for a few days. What do you think happens to them when they go on a walkabout?
They have an adventure!
5.  With cats and dogs being the most popular pets, what is the most exotic pet you have personal experience with (didn't have to be yours)?
My cousin had a snake but I steered very clear of it when I visited!
6.  Please tell us something random about your week so far...
I thought I would share a bit about our current puppies.


Delilah is an 11 year old black lab mix.  We got her as a puppy from our local shelter.  She is the gentlest, most loving dog that there is.  She is getting up in age and enjoys laying on the bed most of the day.


Kona is a 1 year old chocolate/silver lab.  We got her as a puppy from a friend of ours who owns her father.  She has had her moments like every puppy has but the one that stands out the most is her chewing a giant whole in our king size mattress.  We've learned that Kona gets a bit anxious when there are no people around.


Won't you tell me a bit about your pets?


Colletta







7 comments:

  1. Oh, my! She chewed your mattress??? What a disaster!! Thankfully, we haven't had a dog that chewed to that extent. We had one the chewed on the coffee table and the couch...we gave him to my sister who had no problems out of him whatsoever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our son had a bird dog that chewed things. We kept care of Hank when our son went on his honeymoon. I was watching Hank out the window and remarked about how good Hank was doing. When I stepped outside, I saw that he was chewing up our lawn furniture pads!! These dogs!! Gotta love 'em! Hank turned out to be the very best dog with our son's children. I really like labs, but have never owned a big dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! And I thought my little Chili was a handful! A hole though your king mattress?? Hope you have a wonderful week, Colletta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a lab and she is very anxious too. I just this year started letting her stay out in the house during the day, previously she had to be put in her crate for the day. She is doing pretty good, but she is 9 years old now. Loved your answers!! Enjoy the rest of the week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my... your poor mattress!! Thanks for joining the Medley today!! I enjoyed reading your stories and memories, and meeting your current pups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were smart to steer clear of that snake! HA!!!! Your dogs sounds beautiful - who does not love a lab?!?! I have 4 rescue cats! They are my babies - each one more spoiled than the last! HA!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.