Thursday, February 28, 2019

Thankful Thursday ~ 2/28/19



~Safe Travels!  My Mom, Dad, brother and SIL went on a bus trip to Kentucky (from PA) to see the Creation Museum and the Ark.  On the way home, they got behind an accident that was caused by the extremely high winds.  They were 3 hours late, but finally they made it safely home :)


~Electricity!  Again, extremely high winds came through Sunday.  We prepared for power outages but thankfully our electric stayed on.  We were lucky because people just a few miles away were without power for over a day.  Yay, for electricity :)

~Spring Training!  THE Pittsburgh Pirates are officially in Spring Training!  I'm so excited to be able to watch them play.  Unfortunately, not all the Grapefruit League games are televised so I'll have to wait until the end of March.  Spring is coming!!!!  :)




~Applebee's!  We had a family night out on Saturday and ate at Applebee's.  It was so good and I didn't have to cook.  Win-win :)



~How To Train Your Dragon 3!  After Applebee's we headed to the theater to see How To Train Your Dragon 3.  It is the final movie in the series and it was really cute.  I didn't see all of the second movie so I didn't know if I would know what was happening.  However, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and highly recommend it for families; or anyone who likes to watch animated movies :)





 
What are you thankful for today?


 
Colletta

10 comments:

  1. I cant believe I am in Kentucky & never made it to the Ark... I gotta get over there. The pictures everyone takes & all my friends say its so cool. .... glad the trip was safe though. That's always scary to think what if you were ahead or behind a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Pirates!!! I am also ready for baseball and summer! Fingers crossed the team is good this year!!!! I can not wait to see that movie - it looks adorable and I loved the first one! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like your thankful list! This is a fun way to share the good times! Enjoy your afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all of the games are on the MLB network, I didn't know they were televised elsewhere. I sometimes call one of the pups I take care of Roberto Clemente, but I'm a Dodger and this year Brewers fan. There was an extreme pile up east of here, wind and snow and ice are so treacherous and then you add speed. I'm glad your family came through that all right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear the trip turned out safe. The Ark is so popular in our state. Thanks for linking up today and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My youngest daughter lives in Pennsylvania. When my husband and I aren't cheering for the Seattle Mariners, we're cheering for the Pirates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad the family had safe travels and you didn't lose your electricity. We take so many things for granted. Your family outing sounds fun. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go Red Sox!!! 💕😀 we did get to go to one Pirates game back in April of 2008 when we were on vacation in Pittsburgh. They played the Cardinals and went into 11 innings. We left at the beginning of the 11th because my now 20 year old was only 8 ish and it was past midnight!!!! It was crazy! We loved the stadium though.

    An animated movie???!!! Wow. I haven't seen one since the girls were in early elementary school. That must have been fun!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The movie sounds like it is good. Sounds like some incredibly fierce winds! Glad your family was safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to be a Dodger fan because around here, we are all Dodger fans. My mil was one of the Dodgers' most devoted fans.
    I've heard fun things about How to Train your Dragon 3. I'm glad you liked it.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.