Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Tuesday Talk ~ 2/26/19

http://www.alittlebitofeverythingblog.com/



Things I'm thinking about lately:


~Kitchen Blunders!  Have you ever made a blunder in the kitchen and just can't figure out how it could possibly have happened?  That was me!  I was making a "from scratch" Oatmeal Cake.  Everything was going fine and I popped it in the oven.  The timer on the oven went off and the cake still didn't look done!  I started looking back over the recipe (one I've made countless times) to see what I did wrong.  Well, I figured it out.  I forgot to add the flour!  The very last step and I forgot it!  So I scraped the "pudding" back into a bowl, added the flour and baked it some more...  Instead of cake, I had Oatmeal Bars!  The taste was just a tiny bit off but still edible.  Sigh.  This is what it was supposed to look like.  Click the picture for the "Easy" Oatmeal Cake recipe.

https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2015/09/in-kitchen-easy-oatmeal-cake-92415.html


~Taxes :(  We haven't done our taxes yet.  We're trying to decide whether to try to do them ourselves or go to a tax preparer like we have done the past few years.  I hate to pay out the money for someone to prepare our taxes if I can do them.  But...  I really don't know what I'm doing!  lol  I think I'd rather pay and know that it is done correctly.  My brother uses TurboTax and says it is really easy.  I just don't know what to do...  Do you do your own taxes or go somewhere to have them done?  Any advice?



~Bible Reading Plans.  I am so behind on my One Year Chronological Bible reading.  I'm getting bogged down in Leviticus.  I hate reading when I feel like I "have" to instead of reading because it is something I want to do.  Especially when it comes to the Bible.  I'm debating switching up my Bible reading plan.  I'm trying to decide whether to just stick it out with my current plan, find a New Testament Plan, or start a Bible Study of some sort.  Any suggestions?





What have you been thinking about lately???

Colletta



2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about finding a Bible study as well. I have read the Bible straight thru many times, but some of it is simply not pleasant to read and those areas make me consider giving up on reading it straight thru.

    I have made kitchen blunders too. The cake looks delicious!

    I do my own taxes but they can be complicated. Can your brother give you advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oatmeal so I will have to try that cake - yummy! My taxes are done - I use turbo tax and it is so easy! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.