Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Wednesday Medley ~ Valentine's Day ~ 2/13/19

http://tdorsaneo.blogspot.com/

Come join Terri @ Your Friend From Florida every Wednesday.





Okay, okay. I'm going off calendar a bit.  The National Days for Wednesday the 13th are National Cheddar Day and National Tortellini Day.  We did food last week and I can't let Valentine's Day go by without some attention.

VALENTINE’S DAY – February 14

Valentine's Day - February 14

VALENTINE’S DAY

Valentine’s Day began as St. Valentine’s Day, a liturgical celebration of one or more early Christian saints named Valentinus.  February 14th, Valentine’s, Day first became associated with romantic love during the High Middle Ages as the tradition of courtly love was then flourishing.  During 18th century England, this day evolved into an occasion in which lovers expressed their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery and sending Valentine cards.    
HOW TO OBSERVE
Get something special for your Valentine and use #ValentinesDay to post on social media.
HISTORY
Credit is traditionally given to Pope Gelasius for declaring February 14 as Saint Valentine’s Day around the year 496 to separate the church from the Roman celebration of Lupercalia, an ancient pagan fertility festival which occurred on February 15th.  
1.  I think St. Valentine's Day is for everyone, whether you have a romantic love interest or not.  I received a Valentine card from my sister (thank you Patti!) - case in point.  It is all about LOVE, not just romantic love.  What are your traditions for celebrating Valentine's Day?
The hubby and I usually have a date night either the Saturday before or after Valentine's Day.  The hubby will get the girls a little gift from him also.  He loves them so and they love their daddy!
2.  When you were in elementary school, did you decorate a shoe box and deliver those little valentines to all your classmates?   Perhaps in Sunday School?
Of course!  I can still remember filling out my very first Valentine's Cards for my classmates.  The pictures were the cutest little animals :)
3.  Do you enjoy playing Cupid?  Have you ever introduced a couple who really clicked?
I've never played Cupid!  I am, however, very glad for some Church ladies who played Cupid and talked the hubby into asking me out on a date 19 years ago!  Time flies!
4.  Which traditional Valentine's Day gift would you rather receive:  Chocolate, flowers, or a card with a personal message?
I'm all about chocolate and flowers but if the card had a personal message I would be all melty inside!
5.  What is the best movie to watch on Valentine's Day?
I going to show Jane Austen some love and say the movie "Emma" with Gwyneth Paltrow.
6.  Tell us something random about your week!
The hubby and I went on our date this past Saturday.  We went to Applebee's and then shopping.  We couldn't get the girls their gifts because Laken tagged along.  If we had one of daughters with us on our "date" can it still be considered a date?  Or does the hubby owe me a one-on-one date still?  What are your opinions?










7 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I would suggest he owe me another one. LOL! Two dinners with the hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still remember the boxes too full of valentines from class mates. I should have tried to get my office to do that this year - haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby still owes you a date in my humble opinion! HA!! Happy Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep Hubby still owes you a date lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree... hubby still owes you a date!! Thanks for joining the Medley today and Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should go on another date just because! Loved your answers! Happy Valentine's Day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure it was a fun time, but I have to agree with everyone that you have another date coming!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.