Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Book Review ~ Chameleon by Jillian Kent

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~






 Blurb:
 
How much can you really know about someone?

Lady Victoria Grayson has always considered herself a keen observer of human behavior. After battling a chronic childhood illness that kept her homebound for years, she journeys to London determined to have the adventure of a lifetime.

Jaded by his wartime profession as a spy, Lord Witt understands, more than most, that everyone is not always who they pretend to be. He meets Victoria after the Regent requests an investigation into the activities of her physician brother, Lord Ravensmoore.

Witt and Victoria become increasingly entangled in a plot targeting the lords of Parliament. Victoria is forced to question how well she knows those close to her while challenging Witt’s cynical nature and doubts about God. Together they must confront their pasts in order to solve a mystery that could devastate their future.
 


My Thoughts:
 
I picked this book up at Ollie's for $1.99!  I love Ollie's!

But...I can't say that I loved this book :(

I found certain parts of the book difficult to follow as it skipped around a bit.  There were times that I had to reread certain parts to figure out where the next section was going and where it came from.

There were also some coincidences that were just a bit much.  For instance, Victoria just happened to be looking out her window (at least twice) and see someone in danger or the wings of the falcons.  In all of London, it just happened to occur in front of her bedroom window?

All that being said, I learned a lot about mental health issues in the early 1800's and how they were handled.  All I can say is "thank God for modern medicine"!

This book was the 2nd book in the Ravensmoore Chronicles.  I read the first book back in 2012 according to Goodreads but I couldn't find a review for it.  After reading this book, I don't think I'll be searching out book 3.







Colletta


2 comments:

  1. That's always sad when a book doesn't turn out to be as good as you hoped. :( Thanks for being a part of Booknificent Thursday this month at Mommynificent.com! It’s a pleasure visiting your blog!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover and title are intriguing so it's good to hear your thoughts on the story line. Come and visit my site. Here's today's opening and teaser: https://wp.me/p4DMf0-1F1

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.