Monday, November 9, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake (French Twist Book 1) by Sandra Byrd



This was a very good read. Lexi is a college graduate that is floundering around trying to find her groove. She's had lots of dead end jobs and had to move back in with her parents when she loses yet another job.

By chance, she drops by a bakery and sees that they are accepting applications, but it is only for front counter help. She's pretty desperate at that point and at least the job is somewhat moving in the direction she wants to go.

Through "twists" and turns, she muddles her way through and finds a the direction that she wants her life to head in. She also discovers that she must "drive herself" to church and take responsibility for her own spiritually and not depend on her mom's faith.

Reading this book makes me want to bake fancy pastries and try new recipes. In the book Lexi uses Allrecipes.com. I use that site for almost all my recipe searches so I found it very interesting. There are also recipes listed throughout the book.

I'm looking forward to reading the next two books in the series.
Book Two:

Book Three:






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.