Monday, November 30, 2009

Good Christian Men (and Women, too) Rejoice

Don't you love it when a song gets stuck in your head and it just keeps playing over and over and over and over on repeat?

We had choir practice after church yesterday. Actually, we call ourselves "The Ladies' Choral" because no men have joined this year. We are singing a mini-musical called "What Child is This." Part of the finale is the song "Good Christian Men, Rejoice".

I. Can't. Get. It. Out. Of. My. Head!!!!!

All day long, I've been cleaning house and singing (in a singing voice) "Good Christ-ian Men, Rejoi-oi-oice!"

Maybe now it will leave peacefully.

Lyrics:

Good Christian Men, rejoice
With heart and soul and voice!
Give ye heed to what we say:
Jesus Christ is born today.
Man and beast before Him bow,
and He is in the manger now.
Christ is born today!
Christ is born today!


Good Christian Men, rejoice
With heart and soul and voice!
Now ye hear of endless bliss.
Jesus Christ was born for this!
He hath opened Heaven's door,
and man is blessed forevermore.
Christ was born for this!
Christ was born for this!




FYI: We sound NOTHING like this! Wish we did.

4 comments:

  1. I love the song and will be happily singing and humming all day to the lyrics. I love going to church and remembering a great song they bring up during choir and then I get to sing it all day long.

    Blessings

    :¦:-H-:¦:-E-:¦:-I-:¦:-D-:¦:-I-:¦:-

    ReplyDelete
  2. =D Thank you for directing me to your post. I know how it feels to get these songs stuck in your head. And it's a good refrain to get stuck in there! =D

    Listening to the choir sing now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How refreshing! Thanks for coming by my blog. I'll have to check out yours more in the future. -MJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funny - I had this carol stuck in my head yesterday! I love it, it's so zippy and joyful.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I was intrigued so I looked up 'nuthorn cookies' - they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.