Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Need a Book Intervention

Hello. My name is Colletta and I am addicted to books.

I have a ton of books in my to-be-read pile. Does that satisfy me? No. Especially when I see a book I really, really want to read or if its on sale or priced low.

Today I went to Ollies to get two small devotional books to donate for Care Baskets. I came out with 8 more books for the TBR pile. A few of them have been on my wish list for a while so when I saw it at such a bargain price, I just could not walk away and leave it there.

One of the books gave me a chuckle as soon as I read the title. "Date Night in a Minivan..revving up your marriage after kids arrive" by Lorilee Craker. I got an even bigger kick out of some of the chapter titles. Some examples: I Am Mama, Hear Me Roar; I'll Do the Dishes and You Wash the Cat; Homicide is Not the Answer and Get It Goin' On Again, Sister Friend. I'm looking forward to reading it and can pass off the guilt of buying it because it's "for the good of our marriage".

Needless to say, I tried to sneak the books into the house. Hubby just does not understand the value of a good book. He thinks I'm crazy. Oh well, I think he's crazy for going out in freezing rain to sit in the woods waiting for a deer to just maybe come by.

Better read that book soon. Date night, here we come. In the minivan, of course. After we clean it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.