Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Thankful Thursday ~ 2/4/2021

 
Here are some things that made me thankful/smile/excited this week:

~~~~~~~~

Kelly's 50th Birthday! ~ Last Friday, January 29th, was my sister-in-law's 50th birthday.  We celebrated with ice cream cake!  I got her 4 cases of Diet Dr. Pepper/Cream Soda as it is her favorite!  I'm sure she'll be sharing though.  Happy Birthday, Kelly!

Angel Food Cake! ~ Saturday was Kaylee's day to cook.  She made Southwestern Casserole and an Angel Food and blueberry dessert.  It was our first time to make an Angel Food cake from scratch (usually we buy it premade).  It wasn't terribly hard and turned out to be soooo delicious :)  I'm thinking of sharing "Kaylee in the Kitchen" posts if she continues to cook.  She has Enchilada Stuffed Shells planned for this Saturday :)

Blog Views!  In December I had 6232 views on my blog.  For January I had 8720 views.  That makes for a total of 2488 more views in January than December.  These numbers may not seem like a lot to you, but to me they are exciting :)

~Driving Safely!  I was so worried when Kaylee left to go to work on Monday as it was still snowing heavily.  She made it there safely and I was good until it was time for her to drive home.  Thank the Lord, she was able to leave 2 hours early and made it safely home by 10pm.  I breathed a big sigh of relief!

Laken's Birthday!  Last, but not least, was my Baby Girl's Birthday on February 2nd.  She's my little groundhog baby and I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday.  She turned 14 years old (14!) but at times she thinks she's 24!  I guess that is the way of teenagers.  We celebrated with cake and Chik-Fil-A.  Love You, Laken.  Happy Birthday!





What are you thankful for/smiling/exited about this week?  Tell me all the good stuff! 

Colletta


P.S. I love for you to stop by MY SHOP and give it some love!

23 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Kelly and Happy Birthday to Laken from all of us. Hey, funny, we just had Angel Food Cake tonight, yum. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Angel Food Cake was delicious. We had blueberries and whipped cream on top of it. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

      Delete
  2. I hope the cake tasted good! I wish you great numbers of February as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was delicious and there is only 1 piece left which Laken has claimed as hers!

      Delete
  3. I hope your baby had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of birthday fun with good cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! Now to get through the rest of February :(

      Delete
  5. Amazing numbers, and I know we don't do what we do just for numbered, but it sure is nice to know someone out there is listening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl!!! Yep - 14 years old totally think they're adults.
    All the Diet Dr. Pepper - I bet your SIL just loved that.
    Congrats on your blog numbers - that's exciting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diet Dr. Pepper is my favorite. But interestingly enough, I can rarely find caffeine-free Diet Dr Pepper since the pandemic. My mother's birthday was on February 2 as well. Happy Birthday and Happy Groundhog Day to your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diet Dr. Pepper is my favorite as well :) It is strange what is hard to find these days...

      Delete
  8. We are really thankful for cake, well Dad is, great post and so many views Wow

    ReplyDelete
  9. OooOOoOoooo Angel Food! us Cats and our hairy slobbery sister Cinnamon. Mom says she is glad we like it or she would get fluffy! Happy Birthday to Kelly and Laken! We are so furry happy to meet you guys! Have a marvellously Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your sister-in-law and your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to the birthday gals. Fun.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. I'm off to get some ice cream cake. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to Kelly and Laken! The teenage years are behind us with two young adult children. But, I didn't think they were all that bad! Thanks for linking up and stay well.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.