Saturday, February 13, 2021

Kaylee in the Kitchen ~ Enchilada Stuffed Shells ~ 2/13/2021



My oldest daughter, Kaylee (19), has decided that she wants to take a turn cooking for the family.  She picked Saturdays to be "her" day and has been looking for recipes to create.  I think it is a wonderful idea for her to learn more about cooking and finding recipes that intrigue her is a great way to keep her interest.  I decided that I'd share her endeavors in a feature I'm calling "Kaylee in the Kitchen".

~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week's experiment was Enchilada Stuffed Shells.  Kaylee is definitely getting more comfortable in the kitchen.  Shawn (the boyfriend) loved these shells and went back for seconds and took a few home for later :)




Enchilada Stuffed Shells

(Serves 5 people)



Ingredients:

15 jumbo pasta shells
1 lb ground turkey (we used beef)
1 (10oz) can enchilada sauce
1/2 tsp minced/dried onion
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 cup refried beans
1 cup shredded cheese

~Cook pasta, drain and rinse in cold water
~in a nonstick skillet:
    ~cook turkey (beef) over medium heat until fully cooked
    ~drain and stir in enchilada sauce and seasonings
    ~set aside



~place a rounded spoonful of refried beans in each shell
~place shells in a 11X7 baking dish coated in cooking spray



~cover shells with meat sauce


~cover and bake at 250F for 25 minutes
~uncover and sprinkle with cheese
~bake 5 minutes longer until cheese melts
~plate and serve


Enjoy!



Colletta & Kaylee

2 comments:

  1. Howe awesome that she wants to do this! My son cooks one night a week too. Some times the same thing every week but that's okay right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say, if I don't have to cook I don't care what we have! Good for your son!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.