National Frozen Yogurt Day is observed annually on February 6th.
Frozen yogurt sales are increasing every year as people want a healthier alternative to ice cream. The explosion of flavors and topping choices add to the popularity of frozen yogurt.
Frozen yogurt was first developed 1970 in the United States as a soft-serve treat produced by H.P Hood called Frogurt. Humphreys and Dannon soon followed with their own versions of the treat. Its popularity grew in the 80s, mostly due to frozen yogurts “health food” status. Ice cream manufacturers soon caught on, offering low-fat options.
Frozen yogurt is again making a comeback as consumers have begun to prefer the tart taste of yogurt.
Use #NationalFrozenYogurtDay to post on social media.
Within our research, we were unable to identify the creator of National Frozen Yogurt Day.
Frozen Yogurt Day was the most fun of the choices for today's first question. I have no idea why the creator chose a winter day to celebrate a frozen dessert, but here we are!! Let's talk about food today (one of my favorite subjects)!
1. Today, Wednesday, February 6th, is Frozen Yogurt Day! A cold dessert on what must be a very cold day for most of you reading this today! Do you enjoy frozen yogurt? Does it matter what the weather is? Share with us your favorite flavor and/or topping, please!!
My favorites are the old stand-bys of chocolate and vanilla. My favorite topping is peanut butter sauce!
2. What food do you know you shouldn't eat but can't help yourself?
Chips and all things snacky!
3. If your life was a meal, what kind of meal would it be?
Freezer to oven to table :)
4. Do you like spicy food? Why or why not? What is the spiciest food you have ever eaten?
I actually don't like spicy food. I'm just very picky about flavors.
5. (Most of you know I have been sick with a cold.) What food do you eat or crave when you have a bad cold?
Pizza, for some reason!
6. Please tell us something random about your week (and maybe it will involve food).
Laken's 12th birthday was on Saturday and we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. After that we went to see "A Dog's Way Home" at the theater. It was a very good day :)