Thursday, August 1, 2013

Steadfast Love ~ 8/1/13

A Royal Daughter

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3;22-23


Feelings of love tend to ebb and flow, Lord, and too often my action are the result of my overly sensitive nature.  Thank You for your love, which flows like a steady stream.  Thank You for mercies that never dry up, as seasonal brooks do.  Help my love to be more like yours today.  Keep me fro selfishly withholding or retracting it when I'm hurt, angry, or disappointed.  Let love flow more--not less--where it seems most undeserved.  Help me conquer the troubles around me by means of a flood of merciful love.



"Mercy is not easy to give, but it carries us into a place of great freedom and power--freedom from bitterness and anger, and power to love in a way that conquers pride and fear."


Excerpt from:  A Woman's Daily Prayer Book


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.