Thursday, August 8, 2013

Condemnation VS. Conviction ~ 8/8/13

A Royal Daughter

"Then the Lord God will wipe away the tears from all faces."
Isaiah 25:8


A wise friend once gave me some advice I have come back to again and again over the course of my life.  I was having trouble getting past some mistakes I had made, and my friend advised me to ask myself, "Am I feeling condemned by the devil or am I being convicted by God's Spirit?"  Condemnation, she told me, is never from God.  "The devil will try to make you feel like you're just plain worthless," she said.  "The Holy Spirit, by contrast, will direct you to confess your wrongdoing, receive God's forgiveness, make amends where you can, and get going in the right direction."



"God never condemns His children.  His gracious method is to get us back on track as quickly as possible."


Excerpt from:  A Woman's Daily Prayer Book


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.